Business Title: Senior Associate, Federal Financial Management
Requisition Number: 34806
Area of Interest: Federal Financial Management
KPMG’s Advisory Services Practice is a recognized leader in providing services crucial to the federal government’s continuous and secure operations. Our professionals assist agencies in managing financial, informational, and operational risks, as well as provide performance improvement recommendations to improve agencies’ efficiency. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Federal Advisory practice based out of our Indianapolis office.
* Review and evaluate financial risk, financial reporting, and accounting transactions processes including controls related to Federal entities
* Review and evaluate Federal financial business processes and financial statements
* Manage across the project lifecycle including assisting with scope definition, business case development, vendor assessment, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, testing, training, and implementation phases
* Supervise and review work performed by other staff and interact with the manager on client and team matters
* Develop and sustain solid relationships with client personnel and identify opportunities to provide additional services
* Contribute to design, preparation, and analysis of reports and findings in a clear, logical, and concise manner
* Four years of combined experience in government financial management, focusing on Federal financial reporting and/or auditing in accordance with Office of Management & Budget (OMB) guidance, Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) standards, and Government Accountability Office (GAO) Yellow Book
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related discipline from an accredited college/university; CPA and/or CGFM/CDFM certifications preferred
* Experience in the preparation, review, and/or analysis of financial statements for U.S. Federal government entities; working knowledge of the USSGL preferred
* Experience analyzing financial and systems processes and controls
* U.S. citizenship required
* Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.