This position outlines and implements programs concerning environmental regulatory compliance, employee EHSS procedures and accident protection and prevention. Responsibilities also include developing and distributing educational materials, inspecting company facilities, and recommending corrections or additional precautions to ensure compliance to established regulations. A strong environmental background is required, and Title V experience is a plus. This position works under immediate supervision of the Senior EHSS Manager and functionally reports to the Plant Manager at the location.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Manage Environmental Regulatory Compliance of a Title V facility
- Manage facility air permits, SWPP, SPCC, FRP, TRI, Tier II, HazWaste, FCC, FDA, FAA, HazMat, and other Regulatory Compliance records and reports
- Conduct Environment, Health, Safety, and Security (EHSS) training in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Promote EHSS awareness at the plant and monitor for EHSS compliance
- Elect and provide leadership for the EHSS committee
- Communicate with the EHSS committee and follow through with their suggestions and concerns
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to go above and beyond those required by local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to EHSS
- Conduct investigations for all EHSS related incidents and near misses
- Implement containment and corrective actions for all incidents in a timely manner
- Maintain up-to-date records at all times to comply with inspections by state and federal agencies
- Keep all regulatory related records and reports on file for the required amount of time
- Maintain inventory on all EHSS supplies and PPE
- Assist production/maintenance team with, but not limited to; housekeeping, testing
- Willingness to learn the process of the plant and work in a team atmosphere
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations dealing with EPA Title V regulations, NPDES, process safety management, OSHA general industry and construction standards, air and water quality, hazardous waste, emergency response and mitigation, water use and discharge, storm water, leak detection and repair, spill prevention controls and countermeasures, risk management and facility response plan
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player
- Knowledge of root cause analysis techniques
- Strong MS Office experience and proficiency with developing and using spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects
- Ability to lead by example
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational skills as they pertain to record keeping and reporting
Green Plains Renewable Energy offers competitive pay; a generous benefit package; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; a retirement savings plan; flexible spending accounts; uniforms with cleaning service, and more. Interested applicants please send resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
- Bachelor degree in science, engineering, or related field required, or 10+ years experience in related field.
Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
450 Regency Parkway #400
Omaha, NE 68114
All potential employees of Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Green Plains is a vertically-integrated ethanol producer based in Omaha, Nebraska. We currently have an ethanol production capacity of...