Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Revenue Cycle Services will have overall strategic and operational responsibilities of the Revenue Cycle Services (RCS) team that provides Revenue Cycle Management Services to DocuTAP clients. This job function will require an individual that knows how to build great team and great processes. DocuTAP’s RCS offering is growing rapidly and needs an individual who like change, rapid growth, and a fast pace environment. By the end of 2012, there will be more than 50 clinic locations leveraging this service. This position is a new position for DocuTAP which means that the Director must be fluid and quick to recognize the changes that may need to come with the role.
- Manages and coordinates the daily activities of the RCS Team.
- Manages and supports staff, including monitoring of progress and performance.
- Manage staff in compliance with departmental policies in order to deliver the goals and objectives of the department and the company
- Acts as advocate for RCS team
- Insure accuracy of written procedures and implement processes which insure that revisions are made concurrent with operational changes
- Identification of systems issues and deficiencies and proposal of resolutions
- Analysis of errors worked in RCS to identify root causes and proposed solutions
- Hold regular staff meetings to enable effective communication of departmental information and operations, as well as RCS goals, objectives and performance
- Identify training needs of staff and facilitate needed training
- Initiate process to monitor accuracy of RCS operations and measure results; take corrective action whenever necessary
- Review RCS daily reports and overview reports
- Ensure issues addressed during practice analysis calls are resolved in timely manner
- Analyze current DocuTAP clinics to determine those clinics that would be ideal RCS clients.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy to expand existing client base.
- All aspects of employee management including, but not limited to: departmental hiring, interviewing, discipline, performance reviews, PTO tracking and requests, etc.
- Attend weekly Management meetings
- Provide assigned staff with directions on projects and answers to daily questions “Go To” person
Skills, Abilities and Competencies Required:
- 4 Year Degree
- 10+ Years of Management in Revenue Cycle Management
- Knowledge of third party billing requirements for ambulatory/clinic claims
- A proven aptitude for system analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective reporting of operations, issues and performance
- Experience promoting and selling services and growing client base
- Ability to set direction and performance standards for staff
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including staff development
- Demonstrated aptitude for business and operational analysis
- Proven ability to manage effectively in a high volume, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment, and to take the lead in team activities
- Goal-oriented individual; ability to take initiative to resolve problems
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in PC applications, especially Microsoft Office applications