M12536: Hadoop Administrator The role:
Opportunity for a Hadoop Administrator to work with the latest technologies. As part of an infrastructure team, you will work closely with the various business units to build and run infrastructure to support the growing needs. This is a good opportunity for someone who has the desire to learn and share knowledge about Storage sytems.
The Hadoop Administrator will work a normal 8-5 work schedule but will be expected to participate in an on-call rotation as well as some weekend work and evening work for upgrades and outage management.
- Handle support activities for Hadoop clusters including incident management, cluster management, troubleshooting, and system access.
- Provide support for Hitachi BlueArc (HNAS) systems, Unix servers, and both LSF and SGE compute farms; including firmware upgrades, storage provisioning , troubleshooting, incident analysis and incident escalation.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Successful candidates are energetic, self motivated individual who enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be committed to customer service.
- Cluster mangement and deployment.
- System Maintenance.
- Performance tuning.
- PIG, Oozie, Hive, Hoop and Sqoop.
- HDFS and HBASE
- Create an EVS
- Create a file system
- Export a file system
- Make a thin provisioned file system
- Performance analysis
- Manage storage growth rates
- Migrate EVS
- Manage node reboots
- Explore and look at the contents of the file system
- LSF Compute Farm
- Cisco UCS Blades
- Brocade SAN switches
- Hitachi AMS experience
- Linux system administration skills(SuSE and Redhat)
We hire IT professionals who like to work with smart people and can hold their own in a demanding environment. Our employees build a career at Ferguson. Here IT is not a support function for our business - it IS our business. We strive to develop a professional relationship with each employee - and that is what you are, our direct employee. Our pay and benefit levels recognize the advanced skills of our talented staff members. In addition, we are unique in our market in the emphasis that we place on continuing education, including an annual training allowance that is an integral part of our compensation package. This kind of investment in our employees' professional development is an important contributor to making Ferguson a desirable place to build an IT career. As a W-2 employee, your first assignment will be just that - the first of many. Our goal is to establish a long-term employee relationship with you.
- Competitive base salary.
- Paid overtime
- $.60/$1 401K match
- PTO - Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time and Bench Time
- Profit sharing or bonus opportunities
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Annual training allowance that includes an in-house training program designed to keep your skills sharp
How to Apply:
If you are looking for a change and/or are interested in building or continuing your career as an IT professional and have the ability to thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you.
Please send your resume to Jackie Blume firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a referral bonus is also offered for all hired referrals.
Please take the time to explore our website fergusonconsultinginc.com and find out more about who we are and what we can do for you.
W-2 CANDIDATES ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP.
Jackie Blume Ferguson Consulting
1350 Timberlake Manor Parkway, Suite 450
Chesterfield , MO 63017
Ferguson Consulting, Inc - 17 months ago