First American Title Insurance Company’s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, First American offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
The Senior Escrow Officer will be responsible for providing escrow support in the National Commercial Services organization. The position will be located in the Washington area "remotely".
- Establishes new commercial escrow accounts and creates escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedure.
- Maintains escrow records for commercial transactions and acts as escrow agent.
- Manages a portfolio of assigned escrow customers and brokers. Provides high level of customer service and develops ongoing escrow referrals for large dollar escrow transactions.
- Prepares closing escrows of a more complicated and higher liability nature, such as our commercial escrows.
- Maintains records in the escrow accounting system and customer database.
- Opens and manages the most complex and large dollar size escrow transactions which meet the Bank’s requirements; develops and/or obtains the appropriate escrow documentation in accordance with policy and procedures and applicable statutory and Federal regulations.
- Manages the largest escrow customers and brokers as their relationship manager; provides customer service and develops ongoing escrow referrals. Exercises appropriate judgment to identify potential legal and operating risks, and works with legal counsel to mitigate.
- Communicates accurately, timely, and effectively with all parties involved in the transaction.
- Receives and carries out written and verbal instructions and insures that each escrow folder is properly completed and its contents filed in accordance with standardized escrow procedures.
- Underwrites commercial policies.
- Provides underwriting support for multi-site, commercial transactions; disbursements of real estate escrow funds; internal / national coordination with legal staff as required
- Coordinates with counsel and conduct underwriting and settlement of commercial transactions.
First American Financial Corporation - 2 years ago
We are committed to finding innovative solutions that align with our clients' needs and government initiatives. Our solutions can be customi...