Teamcenter Visualization Application SME-INF0001958
Teamcenter Visualization Application SME
About the General Motors Enterprise Sustain Services team:
As part of the journey from mostly outsourced IT services to more of an insourced model, GM needs to transform the application sustain function. This is part of our CIO’s vision of faster development time, lower operations cost, and fewer, more global applications.
About the role:
This position is responsible for Teamcenter Visualization operational stability for the global GM footprint, as well as leading all project and deployment activities from plan through close. The individual will work cross-functionally with Sustain, Development, Project and Deployment teams to ensure recommended application and process improvements are prioritized and implemented to achieve the greatest value to GM while remaining compliant with GM standards, strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Proficiency In Teamcenter Visualization
- Proficiency in TcUA 2-tier Rich Client User Interface
- Proficiency in TcUA 4-tier Thin Client User Interface
- Proficiency in TcUA File Management System Client Cache (FCC) including both build, test, deploy and support of GM-Online specific FCC configurations
- Proficiency in TcUA other Application Integrations:
o NX (CAD tool)
o GM Program Development Library (GPDL)
o GM Launch
o Alias (AutoDesk)
- Proficiency in TcUA and TcVis debug file logging
- Experienced in all areas of application release processes including packaging, testing, deployment and support for GM platforms including EWS (CAD, CAE, and CAT communities), GM Online, and Plant floor XP-Manufacturing.
TcUA Dispatcher / Job scheduler (Engineering Translation Services or ETS) Application Skills
- Proficiency in TcUA/ETS system understanding, diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Proficiency with TcUA Translation console, and standalone scheduler interface
- Highly proficient with NX-to-JT translator module
- Proficient with other ETS modules such as Alias-to-JT, NX-to-CGM
PLMXML on Demand (POD) Application Skills
- Deep understanding of POD system architecture and principles of operation
- Experience /understanding of GM Vehicle and Powertrain Assembly Structure
- Proficiency with troubleshooting issues relating to POD generated structure data including variant rules and underlying DirectModel dataset conditions.
Additional Required Technical Skills
- Solaris UNIX Operating System (Servers)
- SUSE Linux Operating System (Servers)
- Windows 7 64-bit (EWS Clients), Windows 7 32-bit (GM Online Clients)
- Windows XP 32-bit
- Perl , Unix and Windows shell scripting
- Windows-based support tools like process monitor, exporter and wireshark.
- Knowledge/Understanding of Standard Infrastructure Services such as NIS, DNS, AD, DFS.
- Ability to work with Siemens technical support in collecting information about defects and issues
- Experience with championing Change Controls in either lead or supportive roles thru the GM Change Management process
- Fluent with ALM Quality Center for test defect management
- Experience in writing service desk support articles for the Enterprise Knowledge Management System.
- Experience with Macro vision’ “FlexLM” licensing application for troubleshooting license-related issues
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- ITIL Foundation Certification Preferred
- Minimum 10 Years in PLM Automotive Related Field Required.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-MI-Warren
Posting Date : Sep 18, 2012, 3:58:14 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 15 months ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...