–Develop an annual strategic communications plan – covering all communications activities – for the LOB
- The candidate must be a motivated self-starter with broad communications experience.
- Proven leadership, credibility, team player and collaborator.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain a close working relationship with Corporate and Business Area Communicators.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain close working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Experience in strategic communications, including media relations, advertising, employee communications, executive communications and integrated communications planning to include both internal and external stakeholders.
- Creative thinking and effective decision-making required.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and work well under deadline pressure.
- Superior writing and communication skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Must be able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization including counseling senior executives.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 15 years or more of professional experience. Desired skills - Knowledge of defense industry, and Lockheed Martin business as well as general product knowledge
- Prefer a communications generalist with broad range of experience in a variety of communications disciplines.
- Strategic thinker
- Working defense industry knowledge and familiarity with product portfolio.
- Crisis communications / issues management experience.
- Experience managing employee communications for a large, diverse employee population.
- Strong work ethic and positive, can-do attitude.
- Quick study with an attention to detail and sense of urgency. Specific Job Description Reporting to the strategic communications director for MST, the senior manager of Ship & Aviation Systems (SAS) serves as the single point of contact for the LOB VP in which they are assigned and is accountable for setting the communications strategy including all strategies developed for internal and external communications
- This position has a dotted line relationship to the LOB VP and is a member of both senior leadership teams
- Owns the relationship with the LOB VP and attends all appropriate briefings and business strategy meetings with the goal of developing and implementing comprehensive communications strategies.
- With support of the COEs, this person will:
–Develop strategic plans for focus, priority programs
–Develop strategy and approach for LOB executive communications
–Works in coordination with the Executive and Employee engagement team on internal communications strategies and community relations/employee volunteerism activities.
–Works in coordination with external affairs team to develop strategy for press relations, new media, tradeshow presence, etc.
–Actively manages all resources supporting these strategies and execution Standard Job Description Manages the development, planning, and conduct of public relations and goodwill programs to improve and support company business objectives with the public, industry, stockholders, and/or employees. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Oversees the planning, preparation, writing and dissemination of information utilizing print and broadcast media; magazines, speeches, scripts, intranet and Internet website. Monitors the submittal of photographs; assigns and/or approves artwork. Insures representation of the company at press conferences, briefings and presentations on company issues. Directs the participation and support of advertising campaigns, and/or edit material for organization publications. May supervise work of outside consultants. Security Clearance None Typical Minimums Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment. LMCareers Business Unit ESS6500 MS2 Business Area Electronic Systems Department V170:Communications - Baltimore Job Class Public Relations Job Category Experienced Professional City Washington State District of Columbia Relocation Available Negotiable Work Schedule FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week Req Type Full-Time Direct/Indirect Indirect Shift First
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 20 months ago
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 115,000 people...