Department: Civilian Personnel
Agency: Air Force Materiel Command
Job Announcement Number: AFMC-840036-812545-9X-JAD
SALARY RANGE: $83314 to $108307/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 to Tuesday, February 19, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0301-13/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: CURRENT AIR FORCE EMPLOYEES ONLY
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is one of the largest, most diverse and complex installations in the Air Force, encompassing approximately 11,000 civilian positions. Whether your career is in maintenance, cutting-edge research & development, or somewhere in between, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base may have the job for you.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Wright Patterson Air Force Base is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Conditional Employee)
This is a Centrally Managed Logistics Career Field position.
This announcement will result in a 90-day register which may be used to fill vacancies for 90 days after the closing date of this announcement. Referrals may be made as vacancies occur.
Position Summary: This position is located in Headquarters, Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC), Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a command headquarters level senior program analyst, to plan, organize, and determine necessary policies, regulations, directives, programs, doctrine, and procedures for the establishment in support of the depot maintenance communities at the Air Logistics Centers.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship required
Recruitment and/or relocation incentives may or may not be used
- Reviews, evaluates, and approves development methods for describing and measuring unique depot and other industrial maintenance requirements to develop performance goals and to formulate new policies and procedures for special interest issues and programs as assigned by higher authority.
- Recommends business improvement strategies and exercises technical leadership on depot and other industrial maintenance operations based on personal knowledge and data analysis gained through wide ranging interfaces and involvement with functional areas, industry, and extensive review of pertinent published materials.
- Works with customers and suppliers on a variety of issues to ensure products reflect a fully staffed and coordinated position.
- Acts as a technical advisor and expert on matters pertaining to financial/funding issues (including the budget, the budget estimate submission, and the program objective memorandum), workload, capability, capacity and policy/procedural needs on depot and other industrial maintenance operations.
- Develops and prepares a variety of correspondence and other documentation, i.e., formal letters, position papers, reports, staff studies, staff summary packages, briefings, charts, bullet background papers, etc.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-12 or equivalent. Specialized experience must include experience applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to identify and recommend solutions concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of depot maintenance organizational problems and/or inventory management materiel problems or questions. .
To view qualifying education requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) Restrictions for GS Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-12 or higher grade within the Federal Civil Service (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) to be considered for (referral). The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
NOTE REGARDING BASIS OF RATING: Once the application process is complete, candidates qualifications will be determined based on an evaluation of their experience, education, training and answers to job specific questions.
Federal Employees Health Benefits Programs http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/
Fact Sheet on Leave Program http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/HTML/factindx.asp
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
EEO Statement: THE DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Selection will be made without regard to non-merit factors such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, politics, disability, or sexual orientation, which do not relate to successful performance of the duties of the position except where specifically authorized by law.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional required documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 .
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 840036. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire .
2. OPM Form 1203FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses, please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement :
For more information on veterans preference click here .
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume (Must include beginning/ending month & year for each employment period)
- SF50 & Performance Appraisal w/rating(current) , if Non-Air Force Federal employee
- Verification of eligibility (Supporting documentation)
If you are faxing any documents, click here for the official cover sheet to print. The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT: Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. After a review of your complete application is made, you will be notified of your rating and/or referral to the hiring official.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
AFPC OL DPIDOT
DO NOT EMAIL