Must type 30 WPM
Ability to use 10 key calculator
1-2 years previous hospital business office experience
1-2 years previous Call Center experience with heavy patient contact (2-3 years total experience)
Knowledge of all third party payors
Knowledge of hospital patient accounting system
Strong communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
High school education or equivalent
Shift hours are every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 730am -4pm or 8am-430pm.
To develop and maintain positive public relations with our patients by resolving telephone, mail and Internet inquiries regarding their medical bills as it relates to collections, insurance, payment and any other billing related issues. Serve as an information source of the medical center by acting as an advocate for the patient and family members when dealing with problems accounts by providing efficient, courteous and excellent customer service. Provide proficient and professional customer service to insurance carriers, doctor offices and all other third parties in relation to accounting inquiries. Assure that confidentially/HIPAA guidelines are followed.
1. Resolves telephone inquires pertaining to the billing and collection of the hospital bill using an appropriate/courteous tone of voice in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring we are in compliance with HIPAA guidelines and that hospital policies and procedures are followed.
2. Resolves inquiries or requests received via the mail, fax or Internet in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring we are in compliance with HIPAA guidelines and that hospital policies and procedures are followed.
3. Maintains excellent communication and rapport with patients, departments within the hospital, physician offices and all third party payors
4. Responsible for reviewing PAWS report and computer generated paper reports to verify follow-up has been performed by the appropriate Business Office associates
5. Utilizes the Allegra system and adjunct software systems proficiently in order to review, retrieve and update information as needed
Advocate Health Care - 23 months ago