The Web Editorial Coordinator has primary responsibility for all writing and editing (Web site content) for all Web sites. The Web Editorial Coordinator serves as managing editor of the enterprise’s external and internal Web sites, ensuring that they serve as effective communication and marketing vehicles for our external and internal customers. The position will work as a team member along with the coordinators and Web designers to create online content.
The position also serves as a senior staff writer and member of the publications team, which contributes to all organizational publications and communications. In addition, the position is responsible for a variety of special projects, supporting and assisting with advertising, communications, public relations and community integration activities of the division.
Nature & Scope
The Web Editorial Coordinator reports to the Manager, Communications and Web, who in turn reports to the Vice President of the Advertising & Communications Division.
The position will be responsible and serve as the lead on various communications initiatives and projects as they relate our Web sites. The position will serve as the lead writer for online content, marketing materials, and information developed for the Web sites.
The position will assist the Vice President as needed with advertising, providing assistance with copywriting and editing as needed.
The position also handles special project coordination from inception through completion. The position also is responsible for special writing and design projects (as assigned) in support of other enterprise divisions. The position also will serve as a staff writer for publications as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. A bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, advertising, business or a related field and experience in one of these fields. In the absence of a degree, experience in one of these fields.
2. Experience editing and writing online content.
3. Experience in copywriting, proofreading and editing.
4. Basic knowledge of Web content management and HTML.
5. Experience with Photoshop and design software a plus.
6. Experience as a team leader in the production of effective online communications and marketing content and contributor to other writing/editing assignments.
7. Basic knowledge of Web site usability.
8. Excellent verbal and communications skills.
9. Ability to manage multiple projects and work closely with other divisions and business owners.
10. Ability to meet deadlines.
11. Ability to take technical and health care terminology and write in plain language as appropriate for our customers.
This position is identified as level three (3). This position must ensure the security
and confidentiality of records and information to prevent substantial harm, embarrassment,
inconvenience, or unfairness to any individual on whom information is maintained.
The integrity of information must be maintained as outlined in the company Administrative
Segregation of Duties
Segregation of duties will be used to ensure that errors or irregularities are prevented
or detected on a timely basis by employees in the normal course of business. This
position must adhere to the segregation of duties guidelines in the Administrative
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES OR ACCOUNTABILITIES (Essential Functions of Job)
1. Responsible for all communications and writing project assignments to our internal and external Web sites.
2. Staff writer for all publications.
3.Team leadership responsibilities related to Web writing/editing projects.
4. Support of other division advertising and communication activities, as assigned.
5. Responsible for special project coordination as assigned.
6. Responsible for special writing and design assignments in support of other enterprise affiliates and divisions.
7. Serve on enterprise project committees as assigned.
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- 2 years ago - save job
In 2012, Arkansas Blue Cross was named one of central Arkansas’ “Top Work Places” by the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and...