Amazon.com is looking for a an experienced Imaging Specialist to retouch digital product images in a studio workflow for use primarily in e-commerce applications. This studio is a high paced production environment, almost exclusively product on white, focusing on Jewelry and Watches. You will be responsible for enhancing and color correcting the digital photographs for Amazon’s online catalog, maintaining consistently high standards for accuracy, aesthetics, and productivity.
The position requires on-set collaboration with the production team, balancing individual and team productivity with execution, while maintaining high standards for the final web-based images. This individual is ultimately responsible for the quality and accuracy of the photographs online: requiring a deep understanding of all stages of the photography process, with the ability to provide direction as needed to assistants, stylists, photographers and remote retouchers. Successful candidates will be strong communicators, very detail-oriented, have a sense of humor, a sharp mind and have a passion for the image creation process. The ideal candidate must be very organized, yet flexible, while maintaining a high quality of work in an extremely fast paced environment. Most of all, successful candidates are tech-savvy, shop online, and brim with insanely great ideas that fill up their spare time.
Applicants will be evaluated primarily on their online portfolio, which is a requirement for application. Please add your online portfolio link to the top of your resume when you apply.
· 2 year or 4 Year degree in a related art field, photography, and graphic art and/or equivalent combination of training and experience
· 1+ years of digital image retouch experience
· A strong online portfolio of print and online materials that demonstrate Advanced-level proficiency of Adobe Photoshop, including color correction, color matching, contrast and saturation adjustment, metallic surface retouching, cloning, outlining, complex masking and compositing.
• Understanding of all video production equipment, technologies and capabilities in the corporate environment.
• Working knowledge of still and moving imaging software for both Mac and PC platforms.
• Proficient on both the Macintosh (OSX) and PC computing platforms.
• Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment
Amazon.com - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...