BMP Position Posting:
Position Available: QA Inspector/Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Working knowledge of AWS D1.1 and AWS QC 1 specifications and standards
- Must perform quality audits of materials processed/fabricated in the assigned shop operations to assure that materials/assemblies transferred for use to other production shops meet dimensional and quality requirements
- Perform Ultra Sonic testing as necessary to insure quality components, following company established criteria for pass/fail
- Generate UT inspection procedures and schedules for critical components and sub-assemblies.
- Assist the shift or shop supervisor, lead men, and hourly employees in identifying and implementing process improvements involving fitting and welding
- Complete all required/assigned QC/QA documents
- Assist level one inspectors to gain their hours needed to become fully certified as a UT operator
Education, Skills & Knowledge:
- Skilled in fitting, tacking, torch cutting and welding techniques as applied within BMP
- Use of tape measure and other types of measuring equipment related to barge building
- Understanding of the Bills of Materials (BOMs) which identify the inventory and finished sizes of materials processed within the assigned Shop operations
- Basic knowledge of Industrial Math and Blueprint Reading (including welding symbols)
- Understanding of Microsoft office products
- Current Level 2 UT qualified, per ASNT SNT-TC-1A.
- Current MT, PT and VT qualifications are a bonus, but not necessary to the properly experienced candidate.
- Knowledge of primers and paints is preferred