Responsys is a leading global provider of on-demand marketing solutions that empower businesses to market more effectively through email, direct mail, and mobile channels. We offer competitive wages, stock, benefits (the list goes on…)
We're looking for an elite Linux Systems Administrators with strong technical skills to run our ever-expanding production infrastructure. If you're goal-driven and a fan of "work smarter, not harder", we'd love to hear from you.
The System Operations team at Responsys provides a growing, fast-paced, and challenging work environment. We embrace new technology frequently, allowing our sysadmins to work with the latest and greatest in the field. Come help us scale to meet tomorrow's demands.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Configure and tune system and network parameters for optimum performance.
- Monitor system stability and performance.
- Help develop tools to build, maintain, and monitor systems.
- Ensure 24x7x365 operation.
- Rapidly scale systems to meet demand.
- Participate in architecture decisions.
- Write comprehensive documentation.
- 4+ years as a Linux administrator
- Most recently worked with RHEL/CentOS 5/6; must have solid knowledge of these environments, and be able to answer probing questions about them
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
- Solid working knowledge in the following areas MTA, web servers, load balancers, Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), storage (EMC, Brocade, NetApp), network and host security, sudo, and relevant protocols (LDAP, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, NFS).
- Kickstart server experience, Linux repository maintenance, and rpm package creation/manipulation a plus
- Shell scripting a plus
- Multiple years of experience in fast-paced high-availability production and non-production environments (e.g. ISPs, ASPs, SaaS, etc.) with an emphasis on remote "lights-out" management of systems. A sense of urgency (but not panic) is key.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills.
- Team player with a drive to learn
- Must be willing/able to pass a phone technical screening
Responsys helps companies execute highly effective marketing campaigns across key interactive channels — email, mobile, social, and the web. With Responsys solutions, marketers can create, execute, and automate highly dynamic campaigns and lifecycle marketing programs that are designed to grow revenue, increase marketing efficiency, and strengthen customer loyalty. Responsys’ New School Marketing vision, flexible on-demand application suite, and customer success-focused services aim to deliver high ROI, increased levels of automation and fast time-to-value. Founded in 1998, Responsys is headquartered in San Bruno, California and has offices throughout the world. Responsys serves world-class brands such as: Avis Europe, Continental Airlines, Deutsche Lufthansa, Dollar Thrifty, Lands’ End, LEGO, Men’s Warehouse, PayPal, Qantas, Southwest Airlines, StubHub, and UnitedHealthcare.
Responsys - 15 months ago
Responsys is responsive to the changing needs of marketing programs. The company provides hosted marketing software and services to clients...