Responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers that includes, but is not limited to: installation and service of diagnostic instrumentation, after-hours phone support, holiday and weekend on-site support, marketing, exhibitions, and clinical trials support.
Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct supervision, as requested, by the Service Center in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards. Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently been provided service. Ensure service was complete and satisfactory to the customers' needs. Properly maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data. Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager in accordance with current GMP requirements. Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control. Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for field service travel and sites visits. Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to the Service Center and System Support Engineering Manager.Properly maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by current Corporate fleet policy.
Interface effectively with other departments and managers to resolve customer problems and issues. Perform other duties as assigned. Accountable for providing support to customers that meet BD standards of superior quality service at all times. Accountable for Company issued credit cards, travel advances, company vehicle, trunk stock of spare, and repair parts. As a representative of BD, promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment.
This position will require the selected individual to reside either in the Mobile, AL, Montgomery, AL, or New Orleans, LA metro areas; however, extensive travel (up to 75% overnight including some holidays and weekends) to sites across the United States will be required.
- Experience with medical devices and equipment, PC/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is highly desired.
- Requires a good working knowledge of electronics and electro-mechanical devices.
- Must have effective communication and customer service skills including technical writing and training.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, organization/prioritization and administrative skills.
- Associate's Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering is required.
- Minimum 4 years of recent relevant field service experience in servicing complex electronics also required.
- PC-based equipment and application software knowledge highly preferred.
- 2 years ago - save job