K¹² is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K¹² a great place to work. Senior Accountant – Shared Services
- Responsible for full cycle accounting transactions, record keeping and preparation of monthly financials for multiple locations.
- Set up accounting operations (i.e. chart of accounts, bank accounts, internal controls) for new schools as needed.
- Participate in yearly audit of school where required.
- Participate in month-end close process and monthly schedules for corporate including conversion of school financials to corporate chart of accounts.
- Utilize financial skills for analysis of the balance sheet and profit and loss statements for accuracy.
- Prepare and process customer cash receipts.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts.
- Audit and substantiate financial transactions as well as maintain complete and accurate general ledgers.
- Assist in SOX audit work as needed to ensure corporate compliance.
- Assist in preparation of audit schedules and support for external auditors.
- Perform special assignments and projects as required.
- Utilize accounting software to input, retrieve, or display accounting information.
- Use accounting skills to enhance procedures and regulations.
- Potential involvement in international operations, international experience a plus
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
- CPA, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and 5+ years of job-related experience
- Great Plains experience a plus
- SOX experience preferred
K12 - 4 years ago
K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online...