With direct supervision, this role performs a variety of routine billing functions to ensure the proper preparation of accurate and timely bills to customers based on service contract terms and also is responsible for related activities.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary. As noted below, the list is not exhaustive of all duties that the position holder may be required to perform.
- Following standard operating procedures, this role prepares monthly billing adjustments, obtains required approvals and enters adjustments into the billing system.
- Researches and resolves routine billing questions and discrepancies. Refers unusual problems to higher level personnel.
- Reviews invoices for completeness and accuracy. Follows up with customers or other division staff/management to resolve identified discrepancies.
- May calculate and prepare basic manual billings for non-complex billing arrangements.
- May gather and summarize supplemental billing information to accommodate customer billing requirements.
- May review various billing system reports to identify billing discrepancies. Makes corrections as appropriate to ensure accurate billing following standard operating procedures.
- Posts cash receipts to customer accounts based on information from lock box reports and local cash receipt listings. Performs basic and routine research to resolve differences or unidentified payments.
- Posts payments as appropriate into the billing system to clear open obligations, or prepares remittance advices to accompany payments sent to the lock box or corporate office.
- May accept credit card payment from customers over the phone and process recurring payments.
- May complete customer set up in company billing system(s).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Equivalent of a high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Some related accounting or office experience is required.
- Directly related experience in which incumbents have worked with customers in a billing function.
- A good knowledge and understanding of billing transactions and processes.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Should have basic MS Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- The ability to effectively interact and communicate with division managers as well as customers in a professional manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers are essential.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax, calculator and copier.
- MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Company information systems applications including but not limited to Lawson, InfoPro and/or TRUX.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed bytes position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
- This role generally operates in an office environment. Physical requirements include the ability to operate office equipment, sit for long periods of time throughout the day and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Overtime hours may be required.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Please apply from Wednesday, February 6, 2013 through Tuesday, February 12, 2013.
Republic Services - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. We’re...