University of North Texas
Associate Director - Information Systems
The Student Financial Aid and Scholarships department provides financial assistance and guidance to qualified students in pursuit of their educational goals.
The Associate Director of Information Systems will focus on financial aid information systems for the UNT Dallas campus; develop customer service training plans, office procedures and policies ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional guidelines and regulations; develop and implement project portfolios in conjunction with the Computing and Information Technology Center (CITC) and SFAS technical team; provide end-user training on all hardware and software programs; manage loan processing and collections, cash management, scholarship processing and grant program sections of the SFAS office; submit all statistical data for reporting to Texas Higher Education Coordination Board (THECB) reflecting office activity; and other duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
- Thorough knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
- Ability to plan and conceptualize and make sound business decisions
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
The preferred candidate will have knowledge in PeopleSoft.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit resume and references with online application.
Please note, this position will initially be located in Denton but will eventually be located in Dallas.
Position Number: 110236
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
For complete career opportunity or information on how to apply, please visit:
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.
Copyright ©2009 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
InsideHigherEd.com - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard