Sr. Application Engineer - 1201587
Itron is the leading provider of energy and water resource management solutions for nearly 8,000 utilities around the world. We offer end-to-end solutions that include electricity, gas, water and heat measurement and control technology; communications systems; software; and professional services. With nearly 10,000 employees doing business in more than 130 countries, Itron empowers utilities to responsibly and efficiently manage energy and water resources. To realize a sustainable future, start here: www.itron.com Itron is seeking a proactive Senior Application Engineer with a proven record of delivering product support and customer service to engineering, manufacturing, services, sales, and Itron customers. The right person for this position will not only tie engineering theories/concepts with practice but will be able to communicate technical and non-technical ideas to peers, managers and customers. Additional areas of responsibility include assisting the sales and services staff in assessing potential application and logistical requirements of smart grid networking products and solutions to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for communication networking products to internal customers Provide technical response for requests for quotations
- Conduct pre sales product presentations Provide product specific training and technical transfers
- Facilitate vendor integration efforts Provide competitive product and system analysis and Market Research
- Travel (domestic and international) as needed to assist sales and services
- Solicit customer feedback and roundtables for documenting product enhancements from the current customer base
- Participate in change control boards to prioritize product deficiencies
- Assist sales and services in technical sales presentations
- Assist services in customer configurations and first article readiness
- Requires 5+ years of application engineering experience in a technology industry, providing product configuration and testing to internal and/or external customers.
- Required experience in wireless communications, IP based routing and networking with Cisco products.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field required.
- Cisco certifications a plus Travel Requirements: 25% - 50%
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
CB1 Itron is an EOE AA Employer. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact Accessibility@itron.com.
Region: North America
Primary Location: West Union
Employee Status: Regular
TAG: R&D, Product Marketing
Job: Product Marketing