Responsibilities of the Sr. Network Engineer are to ensure the smooth operation of the organizations data network in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the West platforms and system users. The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining and supporting LAN, WAN, Remote Access, WiFi, Access Control and other production network infrastructure across the enterprise. The Sr. Network Engineer provides high-level technical support for data network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved communication equipment and procedures. Responsible for leading and participating in the activities associated with identifying and analyzing network incidents. Coordinate assigned projects for completion from beginning to end and effectively communicating results to management and end users. Provide direction and support to network operations staff as necessary. The Sr. Network Engineer will be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices, network monitoring and management systems. This position requires excellent problem management and customer service skills.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, electrical engineering, computer engineer or a related field is required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
* Minimum three years network infrastructure experience required.
* Minimum one year project coordination experience required
Based on assigned department or function the following qualifications my either be required or preferred:
* Hardware: Switches, routers, CSU/DSU
* Software: Unix, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, Windows OS, IP Telephony, network management systems, and network analysis
* Network design on large scale networks
* Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent certification
* Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), CISCO and multi-vendor experience
West offers competitive wages, impressive comprehensive benefits, ongoing career development and training, and an environment rich in diversity and the freedom to express new, innovative ideas!
If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements, apply online today!
Applications will be accepted through 03/01/2013.
West Corporation and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.