In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. As a finance professional, you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
This position will provide in-depth financial reporting and analysis, ensuring best practices. Review and synthesize financial data to prepare various analytics and metrics for presentation to senior management and external constituencies.
Responsibilities to include:
This position supports the UHC E&I Pharmacy business and allows a full integrated few of all aspects of accounting for this area. You will work closely with the internal business, and with internal and external service providers.
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely analysis of financial data, ensuring best practices;
- Develop and maintain internal control structure and procedures for financial reporting;
- Resolve high level financial reporting issues;
- Manage the audit process and work with outside auditors regarding accounting and reporting issues;
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of internal and external reporting ensuring the quality, reliability and timeliness of the reports;
- Provide operational and technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with GAAP, Company policies, rules, regulation and laws;
- Summarize findings on the monthly, quarterly or annual reports to senior management, auditors and regulators;
- Coordinates and supports the Company's strategic and operational planning;
- Support various special projects as required.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
CPA/CMA or other equivalent licensure or certification is required; Active status preferred.
5+ years demonstrated progression in financial reporting and analysis.
5+ years supervisory experience
Strong working knowledge of GAAP; ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and senior management to drive sound business decisions.
Excellent PC skills: Excel, Word, and other financial reporting tool required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Advanced analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive detailed data
UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is comprised of three specialized businesses dedicated to meeting the health care benefits needs of individuals and groups; all part of something greater, but each with a specialized focus:
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual works with individuals, small businesses and large multi-site employers to provide innovative, affordable benefits services.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is focused on serving Americans over the age of 50. It is the largest business dedicated to meeting the growing health and well-being needs of aging individuals in the nation, serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries through a comprehensive and diversified array of products and services through four industry-leading businesses.
UnitedHealthcare Community & State provides high-quality, personalized, public-sector health care programs that help local government agencies improve health outcomes for millions of children and low-income and disabled individuals at an affordable cost.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
Come grow and thrive in our culture of innovation and ideas. Because there is no opportunity greater than the quest to help people live healthier lives.
UnitedHealth Group - 2 years ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...