Position: Other Employer: Case Western Reserve University Location: 10900 Euclid Avenue, 44106 Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America (USA) Application deadline: Sep 1, 2010 Job description
The Director of Regional Development will have primary responsibility for the solicitation of individual gifts ($100,000 - $500,000) for Case Western Reserve University from its natural
constituency and beyond. This position will be charged to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward 150-200 prospects for the College of Arts and Sciences. This position will require that
approximately 80% of the incumbent's time be on direct face-to-face cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, with the expectation that they will be fully responsible for all individual major gift
activity within a specific program, school, or university priority. Functioning as part of a university development team, the incumbent will be expected to work collegially, and in partnership,
with school-based colleagues.
The Director of Regional Development will assist in overseeing the college's national fund raising programs and will offer counsel in planning and implementing fund raising campaigns outside of
1. Responsible for building an on-going portfolio of major gift alumni and friends, volunteers and alumni leadership.
2. Plan strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts; plan major gift strategies in conjunction with senior staff.
3. Working in close association with various development directors, this position will have full responsibility for the soliciting of assigned major gift prospects.
4. Coordinate and participate in major gift solicitations by working closely with the assistant dean, executive director, associate vice presidents, deans, and other school development
5. Identify, qualify, recruit and train a core group of volunteer solicitors to assist with regional cultivation and solicitation activities.
6. Assist with the staffing of alumni events, running screening programs and eventually providing staff support for regional volunteer leadership recruited to further the college's overall and
7. Provide assistance with University priorities or capital projects as determined by the Vice President of Development and as required.
8. Travel outside of the Greater Cleveland area will be required.
Department: Frequent contact with dean, associate/assistant deans, department chairs and directors. Contact with faculty, students and staff as required to perform essential functions.
University: Contact with the President's Office, vice presidents, deans, trustees, alumni, directors of administrative departments, faculty and staff as required to perform essential functions.
External: Daily contact with donors, alumni, foundation representatives, community organizers/advocates, corporate executives, and federal, state and local government officials. Contact with
visitors, academic boards, and organizations as required to perform essential functions.
Students: Contact with undergraduate, graduate and professional students as required to perform essential functions.
Experience: Must have seven or more years of progressive experience in development or related field.
Education/Licensing: Bachelor's degree required.
1. High degree of energy, creativity, flexibility, organization and interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
2. Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
3. Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office) and the ability to learn new programs.
General office environment, some evening and weekend hours will be required. Frequent travel required.
In employment as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to equal opportunity and world-class diversity.
ResearchGATE - 3 years ago