Avera St. Luke's Hospital
Generally 8-5 and some weekends
Part-Time, benefit eligible position t
o evaluate and treat patients, infant to geriatric, with disabilities, disorders, and injuries, to relieve pain, develop or restore function and achieve maximum performance, including long and short term goals.
- Directs and aids patients in active and passive exercises.
- Directs patients in care and use of wheelchairs, canes, crutches, prosthetic, orthopedic, and assistive devices.
- Evaluates, records, and reports patient's progress to other members of the rehabilitation team, the attending physician, and other involved outside agencies.
- Directs and supervises activities of aides and PTA's in accordance with state law.
- Provides consultation to area health care facilities as agreed upon in respective contracts with these agencies,
as well as marketing and program development
- Provides in house and community educational experiences concerning physical therapy practices.
- Provides coverage for all areas in physical therapy as dictated by scheduling needs and timely and efficient patient flow.
Requires self scheduling.
- Keeps accurate record of services provided to patients.
Must be a graduate of/or certified from a curriculum of physical therapy approved by the APTA accrediting body.
Must be currently licensed to practice physical therapy by the SD State Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners. Current South Dakota driver's license.
Avera McKennan - 9 months ago