Apple is looking for a Hands-On Sensing System Hardware Engineering Leader to drive engineering activities and identify, specify, develop and test innovative sensing systems used in Apple products.
Lead the team responsible for developing and launching "insanely great" sensing systems for Apple products.
- Spearhead the development and integration of new technologies from proof of concept phase through production ramp.
- Invent new sensing technology solutions.
- Analyze trade-offs among performance, manufacturability, schedule and cost.
- Identify, create and document new sensing system metrics and specifications that deliver performance that matter to customer perception.
- Develop sensing systems specifications and author error budget specifications, in close collaboration with cross-functional team members.
- Simulate sensing system performance and error sensitivities.
- Develop measurement methods and equipment that are repeatable, reproducible, and automated as appropriate to enable thorough validation coverage on tight development schedules.
- Drive engineering build activities including travel to manufacturing sites, performance validation measurements, yield optimization and failure analysis coordination.
- Diagnose engineering issues with true scientific method, driving to definitive root cause, in close collaboration with cross-functional team members.
- Prepare and deliver executive presentations to clearly communicate technical status, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Assign and manage engineering resources.
- Contribute to the technology roadmap in collaboration with cross-functional leaders
- Hire new talent for your team and collaborate in identifying / hiring new talent for cross-functional teams.
- Develop and evangelize best practice methodologies that result in products that work all the time.
- Hands on technical work!
Normally requires Master's degree in engineering plus a minimum 3 years experience.
1. Architecture, design and validation of sensing systems that include precision analog signal processing including amplitude/frequency/phase modulation and demodulation.
- The candidates will need to have hands-on experience and a proven track record in the field of sensing system hardware engineering.
- Proficient English language skill with excellent written and verbal communication capability is required.
- Qualified candidates shall have at least one of following specialties:
2. Optical engineering with relevant experience in geometric optics, physical optics, non-sequential ray tracing, and experimental measurement.
3. Fundamental knowledge and experience in physics, optics, material science and manufacturing technology relevant for sensing systems.
Education: BSEE / MSEE is required, PhD in Physics/EE or Engineering is preferred
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with...