At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We know that hour by hour and day by day, we advance the quality of life by making environments safe, comfortable and efficient. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Schlage® , Thermo King® , and Trane® , contribute to a world defined by sustainable progress and enduring results.
This Quality Engineer position will establish and provide quality planning, improvement and control support for internal and external customer requirements and business plans. The responsibilities span new product development and introduction, supply chain quality, manufacturing process development and improvement, resolution of internal and external quality issues, support of gage and part metrology activities and facilitation of business quality systems improvements.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (others may be added):
• Lead, facilitate and execute quality planning activities in direct support of new product development programs and quality improvement projects.
• Participate in activities around sourced component quality including production part approval, proactive quality problem resolution, assisting supplier evaluation and selection, improvement training, business process development, quality cost recovery and projects to improve supplier quality.
• Participate in design reviews and assist design engineers in identifying product improvements, definition of key product characteristics, necessary process controls and product validation tests.
• Lead resolution of quality related issues on the manufacturing floor including the disposition of non-conforming material as required.
• Support, develop and implement CMM/FARO Arm measurement plans for new and existing products utilizing GD&T concepts and recognized metrology practices.
• Assist and lead teams in the development of systems to support product pressure vessel requirements.
• Monitor processes by developing, collecting, analyzing, and reporting quality statistics and metrics to qualify process capability, sustain process control, support problem resolution and promote continuous improvement.
• Develop and manage business processes around improving internal and external quality performance.
• Serve as a quality resource for product development and process improvement teams and ensure the presence and integrity of quality criteria in both product and process documentation including quality criteria change control.
• Assist project teams in the proper and consistent use of design and process failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) so that high risk items are proactively identified and mitigated in the product and process development stages.
• Drive customer critical-to-quality requirements down to critical feature control plans supporting expected process capabilities.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and at least 1 year of product/process development, metrology, manufacturing and/or supply chain work experience required; OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS or KNOWLEDGE:
• Technical knowledge and expertise in GD&T concepts, CMM and/or FARO Arm techniques, quality and/or assembly, weld/fabrication, or machining process disciplines preferred.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification or higher preferred.
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred or must be willing to work toward certification.
• Strong work ethic, customer-focused, team oriented and results driven.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with strong leadership, project management, team building and presentation skills.
• Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office, design-related software, statistical-based software).
Our Climate Solutions sector delivers energy-efficient Climate Solutions delivers energy-efficient solutions globally and includes Trane, which provides HVAC systems and building services, parts, support and controls for commercial buildings, and Thermo King, the leader in transport temperature control solutions.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ingersoll Rand is a global diversified firm in which our people, our products, our systems and our services work together to inspire...