Oils Movement Supervisor
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products, through our subsidiaries operate seven refineries, more than 1,200 branded retail stations, and employ approximately 5,500 employees.
Tesoro Logistics LP is a growth-oriented partnership formed to own, operate, develop and acquire crude oil and refined products logistics assets. Our logistics assets are integral to the success of Tesoro Corporation's refining and marketing operations and are used to gather, transport and store crude oil and to distribute, transport and store refined products. Our initial assets consist of a crude oil gathering system, refined products terminals, a crude oil and refined products storage facility and related short-haul pipelines.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Reporting to the Oils Movement Superintendent, the Oils Movement Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Kenai logistical assets include the Kenai and Alaska pipelines, Nikiski Terminal and Kenai Refinery tank farm operations. This position works a 7 day on, 7 day off schedule rotating days and nights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Tank Farm, KPL and TAPL operations and presenting related information in Operations Meetings.
- Responsible for all approved notifications and work activities and related discussion in Operations/Maintenance Work Order Meetings.
- Monitoring Tank Farm, KPL and TAPL area operations, ensuring daily and nightly operations are running efficiently, equipment is properly maintained and operated, and targets are achieved.
- Reviewing all notifications and work orders for designated areas of responsibility ensuring safe and efficient operation and appropriate prioritization.
- Reviewing weekly maintenance work schedule ensuring equipment is ready for maintenance activities.
- Working closely with Lab, Maintenance, vessel schedulers and Project Engineers to ensure efficient operations.
- Reviewing daily logbooks and Datalogger information and communicating with day and night shift to ensure activities are completed, documented and passed on to relieving shift.
- Ensuring pipeline locate request for TAPL, MGS and SR are completed in the requested time frame and properly documented.
- Responsible for all on shift training as in MOC, quarterly refresher training and OQ training.
- Responsible for scheduling monthly pipeline ROW checks, weekly and bi-weekly aerial observations, monthly rectifier readings, valve maintenance, monthly VRU inspection, monthly tank inspections, weekly MGS pig runs.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Monitoring operations and maintenance activities in the designated areas of responsibility to ensure that all work meets Tesoro's Safe Practices Guidelines.
- Monitoring and reviewing all Work Permits in designated Tank Farm, KPL, TAPL and Nikiski Terminal.
- Reviewing all Confined Space Permits in designated areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring all operations in designated areas of responsibility meet environmental regulations and permitting making proper notification/documentation if any environmental regulation or permit is exceeded.
- Preparing Incident Reports in SAP IM system for any unsafe act, injury, impact to the environment, activation of a safety control device, uncontrolled shutdown of equipment and damage to equipment.
- Reviewing Refinery and Logistics Incident Reports with shift team members.
- Attending pre-job safety meetings for project work activity in area of responsibility.
- Supporting the Eagles process and actively participating as observer.
- Responsible for procedure development in areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring written operations procedures are followed by shift team members and evaluating shift member performance.
- Performing scheduled safety audits and monthly emergency response drills and reviewing emergency procedures with operators.
- Performing supervisory tasks including scheduling and monitoring of vacation coverage, sick leave coverage, and dock PIC coverage.
- Responsible for yearly TIP3 Hourly Assessments.
- Responsible for Weekly Activity Report to Oils Movement Superintendent.
- Ensuring that DOT and USCG records are maintained and available for inspection.
- Train to evaluate/proctor employees in DOT procedures to meet Operator Qualification Program requirements.
- Responsible for pro-card purchases and accounting records.
- Writing notifications, requisitions, reservations, access and maintenance schedule in SAP.
Candidates considered for this position MUST have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of ten years of petroleum related experience in positions of increasing responsibility, including Control Center Operator, and demonstrated supervisory skills. Degree in Petroleum Technology or similar is preferred, but not required.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Independently planning, organizing, scheduling, coordinating and making decisions.
- Making judgments relating to responsibilities.
- Applying sound analytical decision-making processes and approaches.
- Communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- Establishing working relationships and interacting effectively with a wide range of people.
- Fostering an environment of operator unit ownership.
Tesoro Corporation - 17 months ago