Line of Business: Wealth Division Group
Job Category: First/Mid-Level Officials and Managers
1. Master?s degree in business, accounting, finance, or banking
2. Completion or enrollment in professional-level certification programs such as
Registered Paraplanner, Accredited Wealth Management Advisor, Certified
Financial Planner, Certified Trust and Financial Advisor, or Certified Public
3. Completion or enrollment in an established management or career development
program such as BB&T?s Leadership Development Program or BB&T Banking
1. Bachelor?s degree in business, accounting, finance or banking or equivalent
education and related experience
2. Ten years of progressively responsible experience in banking, investments, or
3. Four years experience working with affluent clients
4. Three years of experience in formal leadership or management roles
5. Industry applicable licenses, including FINRA Series 24, 7, 63, 65 or 66 and
life, accident and health (or obtained within 120 days of hire)
6. High aptitude for client relationship management and business development
7. Possess and demonstrate a broad, fundamental understanding of financial
planning and investment concepts, and have a sound knowledge of retail bank
credit and deposit products
8. Strong interpersonal, sales and relationship management skills
9. Strong written, verbal and communication skills
10. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications
11. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
12. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment
in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS
acceptable background check
1. Develop and implement a team business plan that meets the region?s
expectations for growth and profitability in the PFS Client Segment.
2. Lead PFAs in the execution of proper sales and relationship management
techniques, inspect PFA performance, provide appropriate feedback and support
3. Provide a team of PFAs hands-on support and coaching in all facets of
Integrated Relationship Management (IRM). Assist the team of PFAs in the
delivery of a broad range of BB&T financial products and services to clients
and prospects within the PFS segment. These services may include Retail
Deposits, Retail Credit, Mortgage Loans, Trust and Asset Management, Insurance,
Investments, and Retail Financial Planning.
4. Build relationships with the regional Senior Leadership Team and other lines
of business to champion PFS within the region. Lead all PFS programs, strategies
and initiatives within the region.
5. Lead and mentor the PFAs under his/her guidance to pursue professional growth
and development opportunities necessary to become highly skilled financial
advisors and relationship managers.
6. Actively participate in community events and represent PFS as a line of
business to other professionals and centers of influence in the markets
7. Manage an annual budget and profit/expense plan within bank guidelines.
8. Provide compliance, supervision and oversight to all FINRA licensed PFS
personnel within the market area. In the context of this role, the PFSM is
responsible for the employment decisions and compliance coaching opportunities
for these FINRA licensed individuals.
Sales and Relationship Management Responsibilities:
1. Serve as the primary point-of-contact, integration and responsibility for
assigned PFS clients and prospects. Coordinate, deliver, and provide on-going
service for financial products and services for assigned clients (i.e., Retail
Deposits, SMART Money Manager, Retail Credit, Mortgage Loans, Trust and Asset
Management, Insurance, Investments, Retail Financial Plans, Scott &
2. Establish and maintain an understanding of assigned clients? financial needs
through frequent interaction and continuous use of the BB&T profiling
3. Successfully engage clients in needs based financial planning by thoroughly
profiling every client to identify issues and communicating the benefits of how
fee-based financial planning can provide solutions to those issues. Work with
our Central Planning Unit and other partners for delivery of financial planning
services to the client as appropriate.
4. Develop additional business, both internally and externally, for the region;
meet growth goals for PFS clients (loans, deposits, fee-based revenue) as
5. Embrace the BB&T Decathlon Sales Process, which includes, but not limited
to the delivery of the Perfect Client Experience behaviors, support of the
BB&T segmentation models, full use of the automated sales process and
support of referral processes and guidelines.
6. Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various
specialists (IRM Partners) designated to support client service and client
development efforts (i.e., Mortgage Origination, Investment Services, Trust and
Asset Management Services, Insurance Services, etc.) Serve as an advocate for
clients with other business units.
7. Develop and approve retail loans for clients and prospects within limit of
authority. Prepare and present/recommend to higher authority any loans in excess
of lending authority.
8. Evaluate and extend credit and terms in accordance with BB&T lending
policy and lending authority.
9. Assume responsibility for proper documentation and proper review of clients?
10. Establish and maintain mutually beneficial referral and business
relationships with outside centers of influence such as CPAs, attorneys, local
advisory board members, civic associations, and other individuals and
organizations that will enhance business development efforts.
11. Stay abreast of changing economic, legal, financial planning, investment
trends, and general market and business issues impacting PFS clients. Serve as a
personal financial advisory resource for clients, their attorneys and CPAs.
12. Work within the existing audit, compliance and regulatory framework to
ensure a high quality, compliant book of business.
13. Participate in the on-going improvement and refinement of the Private
Financial Services brand, processes, products, services and operating policies
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...