Job ID: 279
Job Category: Professional Services
ACTIVE Network (NYSE: ACTV) is on a mission to make the world a more active place. With deep expertise in activity and participant management™, our ACTIVE Works® cloud technology helps organizers transform and grow their businesses. We do this through technology solutions that power the world’s activities, as well as online destinations such as ACTIVE.com® that connect people with the things they love to do. Serving over 50,000 global business customers and driving over 80 million transactions annually, we help organizers get participants, manage their events and build communities.
ACTIVE Network has received numerous industry accolades over the past decade. Most recently, the San Diego Business Journal named our company among its Best Companies to Work For and just prior to our IPO last year the Wall Street Journal named Active Network on its 'Next Big Thing 2011' list. In previous years, we have been on the Inc. 500, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 500 and Promo 100 lists.
ACTIVE Network is headquartered in San Diego, California and has over 30 offices worldwide. Learn more at ACTIVEnetwork.com or ACTIVE.com and engage with us on Twitter @ACTIVEnetwork, @ACTIVE and on Facebook.
We are looking for a well-organized, disciplined, accountable, committed, focused and self-motivated certified project manager to join an accomplished team of managers in leading large and complex high-visibility multi-year system development and implementation efforts. As part of our established teams you will contribute to all phases of the project, software development and product management lifecycles and be in direct contact with our customers and senior management teams. Your interpersonal, leadership, organizational, technical and administrative skills will be continuously leveraged to insure a successful attainment of project and company goals.
- Simultaneously manage the day-to-day work of one or more projects
- Develop and manage detailed project plans, project schedules, risk analyses and effort estimates.
- Assign and prioritize the work of the team to align with the goals and objectives of the business.
- Monitor and control the progress of analysis, design, program development, testing, reporting, releases, deployments, training and documentation tasks.
- Report progress to the project team and the management team
- Proactively manage project issues and risks, and promptly escalate relevant issues to senior management
- Assist team members in their duties, tasks, responsibilities and functions.
- Interact with clients, vendors, prospects, management and technical staff.
- Review work products from the team to ensure proper quality is attained timely.
- Adhere and monitor compliance with company and IS&T policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Min. 10 years of experience in an IT organization
- Min. 5 years of technical project management experience
- Expert knowledge of RUP, Scrum/Agile or traditional IT project management methodologies required
- Expert knowledge of SDLC, PMLC, IT deployments required
- Experience with distributed teams is required
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) required
- Experience with e-Commerce, POS, CRM, inventory management, supply chain and accounting systems is a strong plus
Active Network, Inc. - 17 months ago
The Active Network delivers integrated technology solutions, marketing services and online media properties that enable and encourage...