Provide superb quality support and administration for the Global Support Labs (GSL) environment. Our customers are the Symantec Enterprise Support Services Group (ESS). Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing Lab Resources
- Administering Servers and Lab Related equipment (Storage, Network, Backups, etc)
- Setting up equipment in the labs
- Managing case work and escalations from the Global Support Labs Helpdesk
- Providing on-site support for GSL Assets (test kits, end-cap labs, etc)
- Managing on-site asset management (purchasing, delivery, disposal)
- This position may require occasional weekend or after hours work based on escalated issues.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties include writing knowledgebase articles, case documentation, product
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years working experience working in a server environment.
- MUST be familiar with networking technologies (TCP/IP, Active Directory, etc.),
- Hardware implementation and support and server administration (Windows and Linux, Unix, HP/UX or AIX ).
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a working understanding in at least ONE Symantec enterprise level product family.
- Highly desired will be additional experience in subjects such as tape libraries, security technologies, storage technologies, remote server deployment and management and advanced networking concepts.
- There may be heavy lifting required in this position (up to ~100lbs/44kg).
Symantec - 22 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...