POSITION OBJECTIVE – Describe general objectives. Include the purpose of the position, expected outcomes and results, and overview of areas of accountability.
Teach High School Military Science program (JROTC) to diverse student population.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Describe each of the basic functions and responsibilities of the job.
• Counsel students to encourage and support student achievement.
• Monitor, supervise, coordinate and enforce rule of conduct and behavior assigned students; and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy.
• Observe, evaluate, report and record students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
• Prepare lesson plans and materials according to curriculum guidelines.
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
• Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods (e.g., lectures, technology, discussions).
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for lessons, units, and projects to students.
• Prepare, administer, assign and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress, reporting grades using District software.
• Prepare student, attendance and activity reports as required by administrators.
• Communicate with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
• Perform other duties as assigned.; Senior Army Instructor position at Manual High School.
Must be retired U.S. Army and JROTC Certified by the Army.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – Describe the minimum education and experience required for the job. Any equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfies the requirements of the job may be considered.
• Must be formally commissioned by a branch of the military.
• Must be formally certified by the Army before they may apply for a position and then must be authorized by the State Department of Education.
Denver Public Schools - 20 months ago
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is...