The Administrative Assistant serves as the primary receptionist for the Office of the Vice President for University Relations and several of the University Relations senior leadership team. Performs a diverse set of advanced reception, clerical, and administrative duties requiring strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills. Significant interaction with trustees, advisory council members, members of the President's Leadership Council, and other University personnel on a daily basis. Provides direct administrative support to the Assistant Vice President for University Relations, working most closely with the Vice President's office, Advisory Council Program, President's Circle Program, and Office of Special Events.
Knowledge of all departments within University Relations, and a comprehensive understanding of organizational policies and procedures is required to assist the Vice President and Assistant Vice President for University Relations with routine and complex administrative functions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for answering and referring calls, welcoming visitors, and processing mail for University Relations.
- Establish an enthusiastic, warm, welcoming and professional environment that is regarded for its hospitality, service and responsiveness.
- Schedule meetings for the Vice President of University Relations and Assistant Vice President for University Relations.
- -Routinely interacts with officers, trustees, alumni, benefactors, students, faculty and staff, requiring a high degree of energy, professionalism, courtesy and interpersonal skill.
- Prepares confidential correspondence, memoranda, and reports in support of the Vice President and Assistant Vice President.
- Maintains files, financial records, and database records utilizing the computer technology and applications.
- Coordinates travel and meetings of the Assistant Vice President.
- Purchases supplies and materials necessary for operations of office.
- Serves as liaison to other University departments including the office of the President, Provost, Finance, Investments, Business Affairs, and Colleges to assure timely communication and efficient processing of information and forms.
- Manages a variety of special projects in support of donor and alumni relations, and employee functions.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Five years of experience providing senior level administrative assistance and receptionist support is required. Strong interpersonal skills are required to work with a variety of important university constituents. Demonstrated ethic of service and hospitality is essential. Must have integrity and trustworthiness in handling sensitive and confidential information and materials.
Strong organizational skills needed to balance multiple projects while maintaining a positive, courteous and helpful demeanor. Must be detail oriented, with an ability to proofread for spelling, documentation and punctuation. Good judgment is required to make decisions in a timely manner in the absence of Assistant Vice President, Officer Assistant, and Vice President. Must have working knowledge of office equipment and all current computer applications and technology. Proficiency in Word, Access, WP, Excel, Power Point is essential. Must have the ability to effectively manage multiple student workers. This position requires a high degree of professionalism, courtesy and interpersonal skills.
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by a priest of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university...