Job Description:POSITION SUMMARY:|
The Category Analyst plays a pivotal role in developing
Constellations Brands business in the retail chain
environment. This individual will support the sales and
analytical efforts through fact based sales
presentations, IRI reports, and selling solutions. The
Category Analyst will also work closely with the
Client’s Category Buyer in providing IRI information,
category management work, and assisting in projects.
This person will be proactive in developing reports,
scorecards and space management store modular’s that
will help grow our business and defend our brands. The
Category Analyst will also play a pivotal role in
providing support & information to the category sales
team on Constellations Brands brand performance,
competitive opportunities, and trends.
In market training and relationship development
relationships with key account. Leverage
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain strong
relationships to explore business opportunities
throughout the retailer.
teams to understand brand health and needs
- Partner with Constellation Brands retailer sales
understanding of their wine business.
- Work with retailers to assist them with analysis and
- Work with Strategic Insights to understand consumer
Administration and analysis
Brands portfolio; depletion reports, consumer data, base
- Create compelling fact based analysis on Constellation
line distribution opportunities, and promotional
create and run ad hoc reports for fact based sales
- Create templates to run monthly scorecards.
- Become an expert in applicable retail data system, and
presentations, category management analysis, business
- Insure required reports are turned in timely and as
assortment analysis to make recommendations to retailers
- Assist the Sales team in conducting category
on how they can improve their assortment by category.
of education and work experience is acceptable (min.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Equivalent combination
industry knowledge a plus
- CPG experience preferred, alcohol and beverage
- Category Management Certification a plus
manipulate and create pivot tables. Ability to put
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills with ability to
together compelling, easy to understand, visually
appealing presentations. Familiarity with the basic
tools of Category Management: Nielsen/IRI, Space
Management tools, Market Metrics and the experience of
pulling and interpreting syndicated data
- Demonstrated ability of strong analysis skills
articulate effectively both verbally and in written form
- Strong communication skills; with ability to
environment but be highly motivated with the ability to
- Must manage time and prioritize tasks. Work in a team
work independently. Results oriented individual who
excels in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to travel via plane/train, lift up to
warehouse/distribution environment on a frequent basis
- Primarily office environment but may be exposed to a
or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance;
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Must have
close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust
focus, peripheral vision
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential
job functions and the level of work performed by
individuals assigned to this position. This description
is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by
this position. Management reserves the right to modify,
add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign
other duties as necessary.
Open Date : 2013-01-28 14:00:00
Division/Department : Sales--Channel--All Other National
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ and STZ.B) is a leading international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits with operations in the...