As a Linux System Administrator with Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for supporting Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) and NAND design teams. You will support both client and server environments, hardware, software, operating systems, network, and telecommunications. You will work with design engineers, information technology peers, and offshore service providers to ensure that availability and capacity requirements are met for systems that support design operations.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Installing operating system and hardware
- Client support, including CAD tools
- Maintaining CAD licensing and job scheduling systems
- Maintaining and configuring NAS storage systems
- Operating and maintaining data backup systems
- Monitoring systems for availability, performance, and capacity planning
- Oncall 24x7 support
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Experience with Linux servers and desktops
- Secondary experience with Windows servers and desktops
- Experience with IBM (formerly Platform) Load Sharing Facility preferred
- Experience with Unix shell scripting, Perl, and TCL
- Familiarity with Flex License Manager
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and practices
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- A high level of motivation and ability to be a self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be on call, and work outside of business hours when required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Familiarity with electronics and integrated circuit technology is an asset
BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).