Performs a variety of financial control functions such as daily/monthly balancing of all Bank applications, analysis and reporting within a mutual holding company corporate infrastructure, and provides customer service in conformance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Performs reconciliations on BankNewport asset and liability accounts which include the following: loan accounts, deposit accounts, correspondent banking (Federal Reserve, Eastern Bank, FHLB), internet banking, house accounts, suspense accounts, ACH and ATM. Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers.
OTHER ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Daily balancing of Federal Reserve Account. Prepares all entries to correct or reconcile accounts. Identifies carried item, responsible for the item status being current.
2. Federal Reserve cash position - gather reports that assist in the preparation of the daily cash position.
3. Balances Moneygram daily. Provide reports for Accounting Dept. Maintain and track stop payments paid no issues and encoding errors.
4. Daily balancing of Eastern Bank (prepare daily wire) and FCE (track all foreign wires, drafts, and currency exchanges).
5. Daily balancing of Elan and ISA fees. Reverses ATM customer and ATM branch outages
6. Assists Group Insurance Trust Department with the production and mailing of customer invoices. Prepares GIT reconciliation.
7. Daily balancing of all branch Electric Company payments, deposits, and transfers.
8. Prepares entries for all application corrections
9. Assist with generation of monthly financial management and Board of Directors package produced in the ProfitStar system.
10. Serves as support to the A/P coordinator. Responsible for adding vendors and releasing batches under the separation of duty control.
11. Assist with the preparation of the quarterly FDIC Call Report.
12. Assist with the maintenance of the departments Disaster Recovery Plan.
13. Assists with System Administrator duties.
14. Assists with the maintenance of the current departmental procedural manual
15. Assists with preparation of reports for internal and external auditors.
16. Performs related and unrelated duties as may be needed.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS - RECONCILIATION CLERK:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance . Must have an understanding of accounting principles and strong analytical skills. Be able to demonstrate end user skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Database management exposure would be beneficial. Detail oriented and customer service, problem solving and organizational skills required. Must be able to manage multiple concurrent tasks and deal with interruptions.
Performs work within established guidelines and according to specific procedures. Generally refers specific, out of the ordinary problems to the direct supervisor when necessary or if system related to the COCC liaison.
BankNewport has a sales oriented culture to which all employees must adhere. It is expected that both internal and external customers be treated with competence, courtesy and concern. We must strive, as employees, to discover our customers’ needs and to determine and decide which product or service best meets those needs. Following a discussion, a solution should be developed to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations .
JobsInRI.com - 13 months ago
BankNewport, founded in 1819 and currently holding $1 Billion in assets, is an FDIC-insured savings bank. Along with its OceanPoint Financia...