Just 75 miles from the bustle of Washington, D.C., Shenandoah National Park is your escape to recreation and re-creation. Delaware North will provide the lodging, retail shops, food and beverage and other commercial services to visitors throughout the park.
This is a seasonal opportunity.
- Oversee all merchandise operations for the venue including planning and purchasing of merchandise, inventory control, and store and portable merchandising standards, retail staff training and development.
- Meet established retail sales and profit goals set by the GM and Delaware North Companies Corporate.
- Communicate with GM, Corporate and Client as necessary on retail business.
- Provide direction to unit management on retail location set-up, merchandising and display to ensure maximum visual impact, customer traffic and revenue generation.
- Work with client and internal retail staff to create effective marketing and promotional plans.
- Ensure proper staff management including hiring, promoting counseling and termination.
- Assist with the development of employee training programs and with administration and facilitation of GuestPath training and procedures.
- Merchandising Planning, Purchasing and Inventory Management against Sales Trends.
- Audit security procedures to ensure compliance with company guidelines.
- Develop annual business plan including merchandise assortment plan, adjusting through season based on trend and in-line with inventory target levels
- Monitor financial performance and work with unit to implement corrective action plans.
- Prepare sales reports, budgets, and other reporting tools as needed.
- Communicate with and provide reports to client and corporate office.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3 years of Retail Management experience, including at least one year of buying experience.
- Knowledge of merchandising techniques and retail operations, policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within an organization
- Ability to train and develop personnel
- RetailPro experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
Delaware North Companies - 9 months ago