Gensler’s New York office is seeking a Project Architect who has experience planning Retail Centers. The Lifestyle studio designs retail centers that are integrated into their communities, and that support a variety of uses. Our projects celebrate each unique site by exploring nature, landscape, climate, vernacular design, history, local culture and socioeconomic diversity. We deploy cutting-edge, custom-crafted sustainable design strategies to minimize operating costs and create the environments tenants and consumers will demand tomorrow. We work to improve performance of existing centers to ensure their continued vitality. Above all, we believe that retail development must be unique, relevant and sustainable.
We are searching for an experienced, licensed project architect with at least 7 years of relevant experience and an expertise in Retail Centers.
For consideration, please submit resume and work samples in PDF format.
- Professional degree in Architecture and 7 - 10 years of relevant experience as a project architect with a strong background in retail centers
- Archtectural license required
- Experience managing multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants
- Experience resolving complex technical and design issues
- Proficiency with Revit, SketchUp, 3ds Max, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create technical documents that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Gensler - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
One of a handful of "pure design" firms, M. Arthur Gensler Jr. & Associates (Gensler) consistently ranks among the largest...