Supervisor: Store Manager
Responsibilities and Expectations:
The purpose of this job description is to give new employees an overview of what is expected of a Cashier in the Fast Stop Markets. The following list is not all-inclusive, the position may be asked to perform other duties, especially those that are not considered usual and customary in the convenience store industry.
- Forecast, order, stock and merchandise product.
- Stock refrigerator units with drinks and perishable goods.
- Ensure prompt reconciliation of store operations paperwork.
- Keeps work area neat, clean, and organized.
- Clean front/face and restock shelving, displays, and coolers as needed. Clean fast food area, equipment, and stock as needed. Keep coolers and cooler doors clean.
- Maintain cleanliness of restrooms and facilities.
- Observe customers as they are fueling to prevent a drive-off before it happens and be able to report a drive-off if it happens. Follow all required procedures for robbery prevention.
- Enter all sales in the register at the time of sale.
- Make drops into the safe per instructions.
- Prepare shift report accurately.
- Assist the Store Manager with store operations.
- Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous customer service.
- Greet and thank all customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Suggest possible purchases to the customer and promote store specials.
Full-time employees must work at least thirty-two (32) hours, but are to be regularly scheduled for no more than forty (40) hours per week. All hours worked in excess of forty hours per week will be paid overtime at one and one-half times the straight hourly rate of cash.
- Ability to operate a cash register, money order machine and phone card machine.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work independently
- Accountable for large amounts of cash
New employees will be on a ninety (90) day introductory period, after which their performance and continued employment will be evaluated.
- Stocking may require lifting up to 50 pounds
- Intermittent sitting, standing, or bending
- Exposure to cold temperatures when stocking refrigerator units
- Ability to use safety equipment, including dolly, or hand cart for lifting heavy boxes or other store items, ladders, and grills or deep cooking fryers.
Highland Corporation - 30+ days ago