The Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Public Affairs Practice is currently searching for an experienced Account Manager to work in our Washington DC office.
A successful candidate for this position will have agency experience and possess a strong background in public affairs issues and/or skills, ideally including significant media relations, stakeholder engagement and partnership development, client account management, writing and research and/or messaging and campaign development. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to help shape our growing public affairs practice and work closely with an experienced team of public affairs and public relations professionals worldwide. Policy issue management work will span across many industry sectors including, energy and environment, health and wellness, technology and consumer products and economy and business. Successful candidates will have at least minimal experience and interest in at least one of these key sectors.
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide has a more than 25 year history of working with companies that have shaped the world through groundbreaking innovation. That same passion for innovation infuses our approach to Public Affairs. We provide unparalleled policy and issues expertise for companies that operate globally at the intersection of invention and insight and help them create social and economic value through effective, compelling and focused communications campaigns.
As one of the largest independent public relations firms in the world, we offer an impressive global team of seasoned agency experts. We have created a workplace that is driven by passion for the innovation that is transforming the world around us, and changing the way we live and work. Proudly independent, we answer only to clients and employees, not shareholders. Because we’re autonomous, we’re fully in charge. This means we can think freely, plan strategically, act nimbly - and always do what’s best for our clients. We deliberately seek out people from a diverse range of backgrounds to build a culture where employees bring to their work a rich set of experiences and perspectives from around the world. We are always looking for talented public relations professionals at all levels.
• Manage day-to-day client relationships with senior executives.
• Understand and anticipate client needs and proactively provide strategic communications and public affairs counsel.
• Support and develop new business opportunities to grow the public affairs practice.
• Draw on media relations experience to guide communications campaigns and secure favorable coverage for diverse clients.
• Identify, monitor and analyze issues, including legislative and policy developments.
• Develop and implement strategic communications plans.
• Facilitate engagement with third parties, including in government, academia, non-governmental organizations and media.
• Write compelling, targeted materials for use internally and externally in helping deliver key messages and client POV to various audiences.
• Minimum of six years of experience; at least four years working on corporate communications, political, issue or policy communications or agency public affairs focusing on public policy, issues management, government relations and/or litigation communications is highly desired.
• Strong media relations skills and significant experience driving results through aggressive media outreach to diverse publications and broadcast outlets.
• High level of initiative and outstanding client service orientation with ability to lead account teams and develop solid relationships with clients.
• Entrepreneurial sales mentality with ability to generate new business opportunities by leveraging personal network to identify opportunities to grow the public affairs practice.
• Strong understanding of public policy issues (including federal and state level), particularly as they relate to energy and environment, health and wellness, economy and business and technology and consumer product sectors; understanding of the legislative process as well as ability to recommend approaches to reaching key third party influencers.
• Outstanding communications skills (verbal and written) and a passion for developing and driving public affairs strategies.
• Prior work experience at a public affairs or public relations agency is a significant advantage.
• Ability to work successfully in a highly dynamic environment, across multiple teams, and in concert with multiple decision makers; make quick and confident decisions and feel comfortable setting the pace, especially if/when clients are unable to do so themselves.
• Clearly communicate and guide outcomes through effective written, verbal and in-person interactions.
• Successfully maneuver in a deadline-driven environment, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and appropriately manage stress.
• Demonstrates strong writing, research and organizational skills.
• Industry and issue knowledge especially in energy, environment, healthcare and technology industries are a plus.
• Ability to provide strategic and tactical advice, draft and implement plans, provide thoughtful analysis, identify proactive opportunities, craft briefing materials, track coverage and manage budgets.
• Successful issues management experience in a corporate, government or non-profit environment that demonstrates outstanding abilities at information collection, analysis, strategy development and implementation.
• Possess a positive, can-do attitude.
Waggener Edstrom - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Every innovation starts with a big idea, but it’s how you tell its story that makes an impact. That’s where we come in. From...