Unum, a Fortune 500 company and an industry leader providing innovative employee benefits, is currently looking to supplement its already talented IT team with a progressive, strategic business technology leader with experience spearheading continuous improvement and transformative change initiatives with a history of demonstrating significant business value and optimum financial results as Unum’s Global Infrastructure Group (GIG) Service Delivery Manager.
With exciting growth plans and well positioned from a financial strength/strong capital perspective, Unum wants to continue to attract and develop the very best technology leadership talent with “outside in” perspective, strong consulting and business problem solving skills who excel in leading operational areas, fostering an environment of creativity and ideation and excelling at developing and maintaining functional relationships across multiple organizations. At Unum, our workplace culture is built on open communication and partnerships among bright, diverse colleagues who challenge each other for optimal results.
The GIG Service Delivery Manager (SDM) provides oversight to ensure Global Information Group (GIG) - people, processes, and technologies come together to deliver world-class services and solutions that meet or exceed business needs. Primary role is to ensure exceptional delivery of services to the business and ensure service levels are relevant, agreed to and achieved.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- The SDM provides ongoing feedback into GIG regarding service delivery performance.
- The Service Delivery Manager develops strong business relationships/partnerships. Strong connections with the business are essential to understand service expectations, requirements, demands and satisfaction of our overall day-to-day service delivery.
- The SDM is the “day-to-day” face of GIG to the business and functions as the primary point of contact for the business functional groups into GIG. As such, the SDM must be in sync with the business and the support team on the back end.
- The SDM drives continual improvement of the capabilities and the delivery of services across GIG teams; ensures a cohesive, high quality service is seen by the business.
- The SDM will work with the business and GIG service providers to create Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and will monitor and report GIG’s delivery performance metrics.
- The SDM effectively communicates the relationship between service delivery practices and financial implications.
- Collaborates closely with other Service Delivery Managers ( UK , US, Colonial) to ensure consistency of service across the Enterprise .
- Builds trusted partnerships with the business.
- Understands the business drivers in the environment and translates them to the technical environment; assists in forecasting IT Service needs based on business requirements.
- Functions as single point of contact for GIG into the business.
- Co-ordinates service delivery thru planning and prioritization activities with the business, PMO, and GIG.
- Coordinates with incident and problem management to ensures resolution of issues that affect service delivery.
- Provides input to drive continuous improvement of GIG’s capabilities and services.
- Ensure systems, processes and methodologies are followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery.
- Attends Enterprise SDM review meetings; areas covered will include performance reports, service improvements, quality and processes.
- Minimum 5 years in Unum’s business organizations or the IT Field
- Experience in managing customer facing organizations; providing solutions to meet business needs.
- Competency in strategic thinking with strong abilities in relationship management
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to evaluate processes and technology to measure engagement quality and satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport and persuades others.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- A broad understanding of our business, external trends and changing customer needs, or
- Basic knowledge of the following technologies:
- Database administration
- Systems management/monitoring
- Operations Management
- Service Management
- Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management Framework
At Unum, we value our people and support talent development and career growth. Anticipating the future of employee benefits, we are looking to supplement our talented workforce with innovative thought leaders, bold business strategists, and engaging leaders who thrive on building operational capabilities and implementing technology solutions.
At Unum, our workplace culture is built on open communications and partnerships among bright, diverse colleagues who challenge each other and drive results.
For those with a history of demonstrating significant business value and optimum financial results, and appreciate a workplace culture of respect and collaboration, we welcome your inquiries.
Unum is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person
's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender or sexual orientation.