HCA Physician Services implements innovative, value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare to support HCA's commitment to the care and improvement of human life. We focus on quality, streamlining operations and innovative technology to provide value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Billing Specialist is a key member of the Physician Practice Operations and provides billing expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Receives and reviews charge documents from the clinic.
- Ensures charge information provided is correct and accurate.
- Balances Charge Summary to tickets keyed before updating charges.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of matters regarding all billing related activities.
- Bills and enters charges in a timely manner in a high volume setting.
This position requires the following minimal requirements:
EDUCATION - A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Solid knowledge of medical billing cycle/processes.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of coding.
- Skill in organization.
- Knowledge of specialty medical practices.
- Ability to read and understand an EOB.
EXPERIENCE - One (1) year of medical billing is required.
HCA Inc - 3 years ago