This position requires the services of a highly qualified individual who is knowledgeable and experienced in receptionist and administrative duties. The Receptionist will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Head Start/Early Head Start program.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answering telephones, screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages.
- Greeting office visitors, providing information as needed.
- Maintaining central office daily sign in sheet.
- Maintaining up-to-date contact information, central office roster, program location directory and other forms.
- Maintaining meeting room schedules.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail and faxes in a timely manner. Assist in mailings.
- Ensuring that supplies of paper plates, cups, etc. are regularly maintained in the conference room; checking water coolers on a timely basis to ensure they don¿t run out.
- Inventorying and ordering office and kitchen supplies in coordination with Facilities Manager.
- Inventorying and ordering first aid kit contents in collaboration with the Health Manager.
- Maintaining office equipment (i.e., copier, fax, postage machine); arranging for office equipment to be serviced and repaired as needed.
- Complete data entry duties requested by supervisor.
- Complete projects for management team as required.
- Prioritize and manage a variety of timelines and work assignments.
- Assist with payroll rosters and pick up and distribute monthly paychecks.
- Coordinate and process Interpreter requests.
- Attend trainings and workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
Two years experience in office management and/or administrative support. Excellent computer knowledge and skills required--Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office software programs. Must have the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse populations. Excellent written and oral communication skills and professionalism. Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment, with self-direction, changes in priorities and deadlines, motivation and creativity.
Must be able to provide evidence of current physical examination, or obtain one within thirty days of employment and TB documented (TB clearance). Must pass a Criminal Records check. (Fingerprint Clearance). Possess a valid Driver's License, acceptable driving record, and current auto insurance coverage.
Annual Physical examination; Annual tuberculosis Test/ Clearance; Child abuse Index Clearance; completion of Family Services Credential within three (3) years of date of employment; must be able to complete a written exercise before interview.
How To Apply
Please visit Human Resources, Safety & Risk Management webpage at http://www.sfsu.edu/~hrwww/Employment_HRMS/employment/jobs.html and submit an online application and/or resume and cover letter (optional), describing your specific qualifications for each position.
The Human Resources, Safety & Risk Management office is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872 or (415) 338-1873; The office is in-service and closed to the public on Wednesdays.
SF State is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
Northern California HERC - 3 years ago