Software Systems Integrator (Job Number: 318498)
SAIC has an opening for a Mid Level Software Systems Integrator in Alexandria, VA
The Software Systems Integrator will provide systems and software installation, integration, test, and deployment services for an intelligence system Cloud.
- Responsibilities involve a comprehensive knowledge of this technical field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments.
- Analytical, communication, and presentations skills needed as well as the ability to operate independently.
- Ability to interact with customer representatives and functional peer groups, with a strict adherence to configuration management and control procedures is a must.
- Defining software system requirements, developing technical solutions, performing software systems functional analysis, conducting trade studies, and performing test and evaluation activities.
- Support the technical lead by helping to ensure schedules and performance requirements are met, generating and updating systems and software documentation, and providing analysis and performance feedback for technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk analysis, and system supportability and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field and 7 years related experience
- Active Secret Clearance required with the ability to be approved for a TS/SCI
- Familiarity and experience with cross domain systems specification, installation, configuration, and C&A on NIPRNet, SIPRNet, JWICS, and NSANet
- Working knowledge of CAPCO classification and releasability requirements
- Experience with installation, configuration, and admihistration of VMWare or complementary virtualization products
- Experience with installation, configuration, and admihistration of Linux (Redhat, CENTOS, and Fedora) operating systems
- Experience in systems, software, storage, and network engineering
- Experience with DISA STIGs, SRRs, and CIS benchmarking tools
- Working knowledge of Apache Hadoop Distributed File System components and configuration
- Working knowledge of Java, JBOSS, JVM, and Apache Tomcat and ServiceMix components and configuration
- Familiarity with distributed computing, virtualized computing, service-oriented architecture, and mobile computing systems is a strong plus, especially migrating software applications to a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of software development, integration, test and deployment environments and methodologies, especially in continuous integration and deployment environments, is a plus
- Experience with DoD IT, Army, and Intelligence Community efforts and programs
- Experience with multiple Operating Systems (Unix/Linux/Windows)
- Experience installing, configuring, and integrating a variety of 3rd party software components
- Experience with application and data, relational and NoSQL databases, and Ozone Widget Framework integration
- Experience with configuration and testing of STORM and Niagara Files ETL tools
- Ability to think independently and contribute to the overall effort without much direction.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Comfort with providing leadership and technical guidance to junior developers
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 28, 2013, 9:59:04 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...