The Residential Aid for the Hollywood Wilshire YMCAs Transitional Housing Program is responsible for ensuring a safe environment and assisting in the implementation of the residents activities related to the program.
This position must be available to work holidays, weekend and overnight. We are a residential facility and need a weekend and evening available candidate.
Problem Sensitivity -- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Selective Attention -- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Oral Comprehension -- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented in verbal form.
Oral Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas verbally so others will understand.
Written Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in written form so others will understand.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
Valid CPR, AED, Certification
A minimum of two (1) years experience in working with direct client contact
- Conduct a daily inspection of all emergency exits. Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Evacuate the residents in case of an emergency. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor cleaning standards of the program and assigned chores to residents. Tasks include: Taking trash-out, washing and folding towels, re-filling cleaning bottles etc, stocking cleaning supplies in residents cleaning closet when needed. Assist in cleaning facility and vacant units as needed.
- De-escalate residents when necessary. Warn persons of rule infractions or violations.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Monitor the curfew list. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Monitor all building access during the evening .Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering with cameras.
- Report all incidents and non-compliance to staff. Keep daily overnight journal.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when the facility is closed.
Other (not limited to the above operations).
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- This position description has been assigned to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago