Heartland Loyalty Marketing, a division of Heartland Payment Systems, believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
General Position Summary:
The Operations Systems Administrator is responsible for maintenance and support of Heartland Payment Systems Dev, QA and production systems, applications, databases and related file systems storage for the Heartland Loyalty Marketing Platform
- Perform routine systems maintenance; including provisioning, installing, configuring and patching operating systems, application and database software, manage file systems
- Configure and address alerts from commercial, open source and internally developed monitoring tools
- Perform system failure analysis and plan for recovery; ensuring the consistency and integrity of systems, applications, databases and file systems
- Coordinate with other team members for hardware and software configuration, migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity
- Technical support and general troubleshooting of systems, applications and databases in a 24x7 data center
- Command-line administration skills required
- Understanding of software development practices (SDLC) and software languages preferred
- Familiarity with Java-based applications, XML data formats and n-tier topologies preferred
- Minimum 3 yrs professional systems maintenance experience supporting a Unix (preferably Solaris) or Linux environment required
- An Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- Experience supporting Unix or Linux systems in production required
- Experience with Solaris 10 on the x86 platform preferred
- Shell programming and automation experience required
- RHEL administration experience preferred
- Experience with automated systems management tools such as Puppet or Chef preferred
- Experience with VMWare virtual environments preferred
- Experience with open-source and/or commercial monitoring tools required
- Production experience supporting publicly available java-based applications or similar e-commerce type solutions preferred
- Experience with clustering and high-availability systems preferred
- Experience with SAN concepts and hardware preferred
- Experience monitoring and supporting relational databases, one of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or similar preferred
Heartland Payment Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Heartland Payment Systems was named one of Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT 2012"
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. - 17 months ago
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing, gift marketing and loyalty programs, payroll and...