We are looking for the right fit to join our publishing team! The contractor would be responsible for developing high-quality book covers and interior layouts inline with our printers requirements, utilizing both author input and personal creativity. The qualified candidate will be working on 10-15 books per year, so budget is based accordingly.
All book covers must be in high-resolution format and placed onto a template provided by the Publisher once book's are ready for print.
Interior layouts must be in print-ready format.
Contractor must have a good sense of branding rules, maintaining a keen eye over the synchronization of cover, interior, and marketing collateral.
Marketing Collateral to be produced includes:
* Posters (Booksigning & In Stores Now)
* Postcards Announce the Books; Release
* Sell Sheet
- Collaborate with team members to understand cover requirements
- Translate requirements into highly engaging and compelling design concepts
- Effectively conceptualize, design and create high-quality visuals in a variety of digital formats
- Communicate design strategy and rationale to stakeholders
- Handle multiple projects and deliver results in a timely manner
- Contribute suggestions or ideas to improve branding and messaging
- Strong grasp of visual design principles, information design, typography, color, imagery, messaging and iconography
- Compelling portfolio that demonstrates elegant and innovative visual design
- Primary skill: Graphic Design
- Additional skill(s): Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Fireworks
- Ability to work with constructive criticism as well as adhere to deadlines
- A work style that is extremely detail oriented
- A complete Elance profile
- References or an established reputation preferred
- Experience with eBook conversions a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ellechor Media, LLC - 9 months ago