Performs duties to accomplish all merchandising of products in retail stores and cleaning/servicing of draught lines in on-premise accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform sales support functions to include the use of current point of sale marketing materials, oversight of the shelf space in accounts, consistent communication with the representative regarding changes in competitive activity, buyer preferences and/or out of stock inventory concerns/situations encountered during weekend hours.
- Merchandise all our suppliers' items within the accounts. Install racks, bins, mass display pieces, posters, pole toppers, etc. where assigned, sets up new accounts and resets existing accounts, works displays and/or cold boxes and keeps backstock neat.
- Assists delivery trucks in unloading product and making mass stackings of products; reads invoices and checks in orders. Completes forms and daily reports and submits to manager on time.
- Cleans, installs and otherwise maintains draught lines for beer and wine in on-premise and other draught accounts. Ensures that all required supplies and parts are available as needed to maintain customer accounts to the expected standards.
- Submits all required paperwork such as draught cleaning logs, time cards, merchandising accounts records in a complete and timely manner.
- Stays abreast of business/market conditions, recognize new opportunities within each account, maintain the necessary territory records and support the sales representative's visibility and market saturation in the account.
- Builds and develops the trust and confidence of accounts through knowledge of Southern's policies and procedures coupled with prompt, courteous resolution of discrepancies.
- Fosters good working relationships with all Sales Representatives, Sales Managers, retail Store Managers/Clerks, and other Merchandisers.
- Follows Company policies including those regarding attendance and professional appearance when representing Southern in the trade market.
- Participates in Southern's renowned training program composed of classroom and in-the-field training designed to increase and improve understanding of industry trends, develop product knowledge, and form sales skills in collaboration with the market leader in the wine and spirits industry.
Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
IT IS A QUALIFICATION STANDARD OF THE COMPANY THAT AN EMPLOYEE NOT POSE A THREAT TO THE HEALTH OR SAFETY OF THEMSELF OR OTHERS IN THE WORKPLACE.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, reliable transportation and the ability to obtain and maintain Company auto insurance requirements.
- Effective communication skills and able to follow directions
- Able to read, count and accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry 45-50+ pounds on a repetitive basis, 50-100lbs on a frequent basis.
- Able to climb ladders, bend, kneel, work in tight spaces and work/lift overhead to handle merchandise.
- Able to work weekends and/or overtime as needed, especially during the peak season as dictated by the local market.
- Associate's/Bachelor's Degree
- Related industry experience such as merchandising, route sales, restaurant, bartending or other hospitality industry experience.
- Demonstrated creative ability to construct retail displays
- Wine/Industry Knowledge to include basic understanding of distribution, wine varietals, and leading spirit categories.
Job : Sales
Primary Location : South Carolina-Hilton Head
Southern Wine & Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Wine & Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Southern Wine & Spirits of America, fueled by alcohol, dominates nationwide. The company is one of the largest distributors of wine and...