The Practice Management Development (PMD) role is a training program to develop and prepare future Financial Advisors for a successful new career. The primary focus of the PMD role is to build and enhance client relationships under close supervision of coaches and managers. These client relationships are the base for your book of business. Financial Advisor Trainees learn to assess client needs, meet with existing and prospective clients, review investment goals and prepare recommendations for products such as stocks, bonds, options, mutual funds and annuities.
Candidates for this role will have a history of high achievement demonstrated by a proven record of rapid advancement in exceeding goals and outperforming peers. The ideal candidate has applicable sales experience or has worked in a professional or entrepreneurial setting.
Success Skills and Attributes
The ideal candidate will bring to the role a broad network of contacts and relationships along with the ability to develop a strong sales pipeline through prospecting, telemarketing and relationship building skills. Other success attributes candidates possess are:
- Ability to influence people
- Entrepreneurial and self motivated to succeed
- Perseverance and resilience
- Confident and engaging presence
- Concise, inspiring communication
- Client focus mentality
- High professional standards and integrity
The ideal candidate will have at minimum a Bachelors degree. The following licenses/designations are preferred:
- Series 7 and 66 licensed - The PMD curriculum assists candidates from outside the wealth management industry to prepare for and complete licensing requirements for both
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Bank of America - 23 months ago
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...