Qualifications: * 3+ Years of experience in Linux/Unix Systems Administration.
* Recent substantial experience with Linux (preferably RedHat).
* 2+ years of scripting in UNIX shell variants to automate tasks.
* Experience configuring high availability systems for enterprise use in a 24x7 environment.
* Solid fundamental knowledge of IP networking.
* Solid knowledge & experience with the essentials of data storage (RAID, disk connectivity, multipathing).
* Demonstrated fluency with NFS, SMB; SAMBA experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the elements of the LAMP stack.
* Provide on-call support and remote troubleshooting. Work off-hours occasionally, sometimes on short notice.
* Ability to learn new technical skills quickly.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.
* Strong communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple environments.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Duties: The Linux System Administrator provides design, installation, maintenance, and support of Linux servers and SAN Systems. The System Administrator is responsible for the operating system, monitoring, and hardware of various types of servers: file, application, database, web, transcode, audio, video, etc. Responsibilities also include deploying, testing, and supporting custom software applications. The managed systems are used by a 24x7 business which has very small downtime windows. This position will collaborate and coordinate with multiple technology teams on projects, systems design and integration, and for troubleshooting production issues.
* Build, rack, and maintain the hardware and operating systems on approximately 70 Linux boxes (mostly RedHat and CentOS), 15 Mac OS-X servers, and other content delivery equipment. Participate (not as a lead) in light Windows systems administration.
* Build, rack, and maintain SAN infrastructures currently consisting of X-IO Storage Systems, HP/Hitachi/IBM disk arrays, Quantum StorNext and Apple X-SAN, and Qlogic FibreChannel switches.
* Ensure the continuous availability of data and systems through the implementation of high availability solutions, load balancing, file and application clusters, data backups, etc.
* Monitor the performance and availability of the systems and services within this environment. Seek out, recommend, and justify software and hardware technology/configuration changes to improve their availability, stability or uptime to the user community.
* Perform system-wide software patches, upgrades, and deployments as needed.
* Collaborate and coordinate with multiple technical teams on projects, systems design and integration, and for troubleshooting production issues. Work directly with vendors to resolve problems.
* Participate in a tiered shift and on-call rotation providing 24x7 support.
* Provide training and documentation for the team.
* Travel occasionally to support other CNN sites and for training.
* Other duties as may be assigned.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Turner Broadcasting - 13 months ago
The Turner Corporation, a subsidiary of German construction group HOCHTIEF, is one of the world's leading general building and...