TeamSnap has a unique opportunity for an intrepid Vice President of Engineering to lead our development team.
We are a rapidly-growing company with a killer web/mobile product in an exploding market. (Not literally exploding -- that would be dangerous.) Our software team is well-skilled, diverse and distributed across the country. We have a process-light development methodology that has worked well for us, but it’s time to evolve. We are looking for a leader who can help us implement a reliable and predictable development process while retaining the outstanding creativity, collaboration and productivity of our existing organization.
Our new VP of Engineering will be responsible for helping to establish and execute the company’s technical vision. She will lead all aspects of the company’s technology development and operations, managing a growing team (currently 15 employees) and providing overall technical direction for the company’s SaaS and mobile platforms. He will be a participant in TeamSnap’s senior management team, and play a major role in defining the company’s strategic direction.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the rest of the senior management team to develop a winning product direction and technology strategy.
- Lead the evolution of TeamSnap's technical architecture to support our future plans.
- Drive improvement in all the product “itys,” stability, quality, scalability, supportability and performanceability.
- Not object to words like “performanceability.”
- Own the product development schedule and make sure we deliver to it.
- Evaluate the capabilities of our existing technical folks, and hire the people we need to get us to the next level.
- Put in place just the right amount of development processes for the organization, (Agile, Kanban, Lean, Jedi, etc).
- Lead the evolution of the organization from a heroic garage band to well-oiled symphony.
Demonstrated ability to:
- See and communicate the big picture, sifting through mountains of information to identify key opportunities.
- Plan, organize, schedule and budget in an efficient, productive manner.
- Grok relevant Internet technologies and architectures.
- Exhibit technical brawn strong business acumen.
- Fit in a hard-driving, open and respectful culture.
- Get excited about TeamSnap’s customers and products.
- Hire, develop and retain the best technical talent.
- In the trenches software development
- Software development team management
- SaaS or managed-services-driven software supporting tens of millions of users.
- High-volume infrastructure and operations.
- Scaling at least one growth company (e.g., driving from $2MM revenue towards $50MM and user base from millions to tens of millions).
- Relevant software platforms, including native mobile development, Ruby on Rails, open source platforms and languages.
- Making tough calls on "fixing pieces of the plane" vs. building them anew.
- Managing distributed technical teams.
To Get In The Game:
Please email your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you're the best person for the job.
TeamSnap, Inc. - 10 months ago
Two years later, TeamSnap now offers an entire suite of features for clubs and leagues, including communication, roster management, team...