University Hospitals Medical Group (UHMG), the unified faculty practice plan of University Hospitals, is comprised of several practices representing medical and surgical specialties located within University Hospitals Case Medical Center and throughout Northeastern Ohio. As part of our historic primary affiliation, many of the UHMG physicians serve on the faculty of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. UHMG strives to champion the success of the physician practices and UH in fulfilling our mission: To Heal. To Teach. To Discover.
This Patient Care Coordinator I will support Pediatrics in multidisciplinary coordination of care. Requires a high level of attention to detail and independent work. This position will be based at Landerbrook, however will be floating to multiple different clinics, including Westlake , Akron , South Green, Ahuja, the main campus and others. Primary shift will be days with possible rotation to early evenings.
- Implements clinical process by delivering effective individualized clinical care to patients.
- Implements clinical practice through the demonstration of successful technical patient skills by delivering effective individualized clinical care to patients/families.
- Communicates and collaborates clearly and effectively to enhance patient care in both clinic and office settings.
- Will be responsible for maintaining clinic space with stocking and cleaning rooms between patients and at the end of the workday.
- Must be able to work with peers in a team role and assist the physician and nursing teams in providing care for their patients in the outpatient ambulatory specialty clinics.
- Actively involved in professional integration and self-development related to health care profession.
- Registers patients in a courteous and efficient manner; obtains accurate and complete registration information to ensure prompt billing and reimbursement, collects co-pays, and is able to schedule patient appointments at check-out.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experienced Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant required.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and understanding of infection control and HIPPA principles.
- Will work well in a medical office with multiple disciplines (nurses, physicians, non-clinical staff)
- Must be skilled in taking vital signs, medical documentation, assessing patients, maintaining customer satisfaction, and communicating with family members.
- Will work well with a diverse patient population.
- Medical terminology and basic computer skills are a position necessity.
- Will have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills required.
- Position requires front desk coverage.
- Position requires travel between clinics.
- Applicant will have completed formal education from an accredited medical assistant program.
- Prefer certified medical assistants. If no certification will consider a medical assistant with 2-3 years experience in a physician office or outpatient setting.
- Expectation will be that certification will be obtained within the first year of employment.
- Current BLS certification and ability to demonstrate clinical competency.
- Prefer an active certification in Ohio as a Medical Assistant.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Moderate travel to different clinic location
University Hospitals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Caring for patients and their families. Advancing medical knowledge, technologies and practices. Developing and educating the next...