The Consulting Director will lead BPS Consulting in a retail industry. Working with industry and technology specialists, he or she create consulting offerings, take these to market (with colleagues in the verticals), and run projects with small teams (consulting “cells” typically of 5 people) which will aim to link business needs with technology and operational solutions in our Retail practice. The Consulting Director will need to be a 'thought leader' and be able to describe "what good looks like" in a given operational area, be able to translate “good” into metrics and practices, effectively run a diagnostic of client operations and create client buy in and actionable deliverables through a consulting project.
The Consulting Director should therefore:
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is the fastest-growing global IT services and business process outsourcing solutions provider, headquartered in Teaneck, N.J. Cognizant’s single-minded passion is to dedicate our global technology and innovation know-how, our industry expertise and worldwide resources to working together with clients to make their businesses stronger.
- Own the selling and shaping of consulting projects in the context of an account plan and BD team
- Deliver consulting projects and client satisfaction in terms of contractual deliverables, client buy in, on time/ on budget, tangible next steps
- Build consulting practice by mentoring juniors in pyramid, creating knowledge capital, managing to utilisation targets
- Shape and sell BPS consulting projects. Work closely with Industry Vertical, BPS Horizontal, CBC Consulting and other teams to identify opportunities to sell billable consulting services in BPS focus areas, and then support the sales process by listening to client issues and framing a consulting project which will support their resolution.
- Lead and deliver successful BPS consulting projects. Hands on management of consulting projects, bringing together a multi-disciplinary team (including Industry and Technology skills) to successfully deliver the project scope. This will include seting up a process which will gain buy in from stakeholders, performing objective, fact based analysis, and leading the creation of quality deliverables which will typically include Target Operating Model, Target Metrics and Practices, Diagnostic of Current Operations, Solution Overview, Business Case, Implementation Road Map.
- Link with BPaaS Platform Solution leads to identify future solution opportunities by conducting market research, industry analysis, and customer and prospect interaction.
- Serve as the lead consultant with customers and prospects. Present the strengths, weaknesses, implications, and differentiating value proposition associated with each of the developed solutions. This will be a critical sales-support/opportunity generation function.
Today with over 50 delivery centers worldwide and over 111,000 employees as of March 31, 2011, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500, and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Undergraduate degree required; MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- 15+ years experience of working for a blue chip consulting company is essential. Candidates will typically be Senior Manager or above in one of these organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business process challenges in the retail industry – and translating the needs in developing compelling business process solutions with a strong focus on technology-enabled process delivery
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple or distributed teams to plan, develop, and take to market comprehensive business process consulting offerings.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and consulting skills and the ability to interact with peers, subordinates and clients at all levels
- Experience in supporting sales enterprise account teams to sell the consulting offering (includes successful evangelization to the most senior levels of the organization).
- Practical exposure to the business process outsourcing field (sales, delivery, marketing, etc.). Additional background in technology outsourcing solutions is preferred.
- Understanding of a global delivery system highly desirable.
- International experience and perspective.
- Highly self-motivated, individually driven, self-discipline, organized, and focused.
- Ability to guide others through complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty.
- Excellent public speaking capabilities. Able to tell a complex story in a way that is compelling and engaging.
- Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, client-focused, changing environment and work independently, and be self-directed
- Experience working in a virtual home-office environment highly preferred.
Cognizant - 19 months ago
Cognizant Technology Solutions remains mindful of the state of your technology. Cognizant provides application maintenance services,...